Axe-FX II: Voodoo Chile!

+1

....That's a typical file-size for a High-Res Mono Cab-IR, correct?

Bill

File size doesn't seem to mean anything. I just "exported" an "(unknown)" user IR bank and it came to about 12k even though that bank is empty...

I'm starting to think this is a bug in the system. Does anyone know of any success with user IRs? Not RedWirez, but other forumites?

Hello DieSchmalle,

Are you referring to a separate (post-AMP/pre-CAB) "Filter-Block" or the parameters (lo-cut & hi-cut) within the TS-808 block? I ask this question because in the presets I downloaded from Tyler, the "Filter-Block" (although present --> post-AMP/pre-CAB,) was disabled/bypassed, correct?

Bill

I'm not sure what DieSchmalle is saying. I forgot to clean up my patch of all its little unused effects (like PEQ, or the filter) the filter was actually a test for the resonent frequency of the speaker and had nothing to do with the ts808.

Go ahead and delete anything thats not turned on in the patch to clear up CPU usage.

File size doesn't seem to mean anything. I just "exported" an "(unknown)" user IR bank and it came to about 12k even though that bank is empty...

I'm starting to think this is a bug in the system. Does anyone know of any success with user IRs? Not RedWirez, but other forumites?

File size should be 100% consistent in size whether blank or not. They are fixed sizes. How are you exporting them?

Patch requesting aside.
No advice - just thanks. That sounds AMAZING. Hoping you have as much fun playing it as I do listening to it ;)
Great stuff ! Hendrix would be rocking out.

Boy I just loaded that SRV (non-Voodoo) patch up, pulled out my Strat with Lollars and 10.5 strings tuned to Eb...

Set the speaker cabs to 1x15 Thunderbolt RW and the second split stereo one 4X10 Bassman RW and the other Doubleverb 2X12 120s RW (all stock Axe II) with U87s on everything...

Put on several SRV guitar backing tracks, and it was all there.

What a super job Tyler, excellent work, you got the gritty Fender thing dialed in just right on this one by blending the two amps, one dirtier, one cleaner, very smart!

Ladies and Gentlemen, another AXE II preset designer star has arrived! Cheers!

What a super job Tyler, excellent work, you got the gritty Fender thing dialed in just right on this one by blending the two amps, one dirtier, one cleaner, very smart!

Ladies and Gentlemen, another AXE II preset designer star has arrived! Cheers!

Saw that two amp thing with the clean and the dirty and thought it was awesome as well. It also adds depth Played it for an hour tonight . Gonna whip it out Sunday and see what up live.

Maybe someone can tell me what I am missing to get the patch to work.. I both user cab files and exported them to the axe fx and went into
the menu and changed the cab to THRU. I also tried selecting both cab IR's and they seem empty. How are u guys getting this to work for u???
From what Ive heard the sound is excellent and I appreciate the post. Id like to be able to try it out myself but missing something.

Maybe someone can tell me what I am missing to get the patch to work.. I both user cab files and exported them to the axe fx and went into
the menu and changed the cab to THRU. I also tried selecting both cab IR's and they seem empty. How are u guys getting this to work for u???
From what Ive heard the sound is excellent and I appreciate the post. Id like to be able to try it out myself but missing something.

Folks are getting the patch itself to work, but my IR downloads are empty so they are using stock cabs. its sad because the IR cab adds SO much to it... they're getting half the sound.

Keep posted... I need to investigate why mine isn't working. I'm prob. going to call fractal or email soon. Sorry for the broken stuff, it will come.

@Gamedojo : if you use AxeManage, go to AxeFX/User Cabs, then select your Cab, right click and select "Get From AxeFx", you get an empty IR ?

Awesome, awesome patch Tyler and thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear what the patch sounds like when you get the IR issue figured out. Like others, I broke out my strat with Lollars and dialed up some other cabs (the doubleverb) and got some good results. Then I remembered I had some RedWired IRs in a folder and used axe-o-matic to convert those to AxeFxII format. I had great success with their Fender dual showmanD130s - R121 capedge 1inc and R121cone 2 inch and then selecting Royer mic in Axe Edit (not sure when to use mic and when not, still learning/tweaking - but in this case sounded good). What a difference the speaker cab makes to the tone!!!! Makes me really curious to hear Tyler's IR!!!

@Gamedojo : if you use AxeManage, go to AxeFX/User Cabs, then select your Cab, right click and select "Get From AxeFx", you get an empty IR ?

Yes, thats how I originally did it and its producing an empty cab.

My personal guess is that is has to do with my rather OLD mac and having to connect to the axe with MIDI. I'm planning on bringing my work computer home this weekend and seeing if a newer mac plus USB connection can solve my issues.

Try this:

Download Snoize Sysex Librarian.
Set the source to MIDI IN. Press Record Many.
On the Axe-Fx, in the Utility menu select Dump User Cab to MIDI.

on a Mac, use AxeEdit, click on AxeManage, click on "Axe FX User Cabs" in the left pane. Click the user cab you're using to highlight it, then go to the "File" Menu in the AxeManage window. Drag down to "Get from AxeFX" and select "Selected cabs".

on a Mac, use AxeEdit, click on AxeManage, click on "Axe FX User Cabs" in the left pane. Click the user cab you're using to highlight it, then go to the "File" Menu in the AxeManage window. Drag down to "Get from AxeFX" and select "Selected cabs".

FWIW, I used my work computer and USB and got it to work. For full patch and IR check my signature for my website. Not sure why, but the IRs don't download through my Midi setup.

Back
Top Bottom