Axe Fx II volume suddenly dropped in the output 1 (TRS)

godspeed

My Axe Fx II volume suddenly dropped in the output 1 (TRS). The volume decreased for all patches. Have tried reseting the systems parameter. Even turning the output 1 level knob all the way up in stock patches barely touches 15db.

The levels are fine in Headphones Out, the XLR Output 1, TRS Output 2 and also while reaming with USB. Only the output 1 (TRS) seemed to suddenly have extremely low volume. In the Utility - Status menu, the Out Levels L1, R1 and L2,R2 are around 90 %.

Here are screenshots. Both tracks recorded with same patch. The output 1 and 2 level knob in the front is at 10 O' Clock.

Screenshot 1:
Track 1 with Out 1 TRS
Track 2 with Out 1 XLR
zz.JPG

Screenshot 2:
Track 1 with OUT 1 TRS
Track 2 with OUT 2 TRS (I/O Menu - Copy Out 1 to Out 2 - on)
Screen 2.JPG

I am using FW 7 and use Axe Edit for editing. It is one month old and has never left my studio.
If anyone knows how to fix this or has experienced something similar, please help me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Check the output pad for output 1 .

My Axe Fx II volume suddenly dropped in the output 1 (TRS). The volume decreased for all patches. Have tried reseting the systems parameter. Even turning the output 1 level knob all the way up in stock patches barely touches 15db.

The levels are fine in Headphones Out, the XLR Output 1, TRS Output 2 and also while reaming with USB. Only the output 1 (TRS) seemed to suddenly have extremely low volume. In the Utility - Status menu, the Out Levels L1, R1 and L2,R2 are around 90 %.

Here are screenshots. Both tracks recorded with same patch. The output 1 and 2 level knob in the front is at 10 O' Clock.

Screenshot 1:
Track 1 with Out 1 TRS
Track 2 with Out 1 XLR
View attachment 14720

Screenshot 2:
Track 1 with OUT 1 TRS
Track 2 with OUT 2 TRS (I/O Menu - Copy Out 1 to Out 2 - on)
View attachment 14721

I am using FW 7 and use Axe Edit for editing. It is one month old and has never left my studio.
If anyone knows how to fix this or has experienced something similar, please help me. Thanks.

It may be unlikely that both crap out at the same time, but check the cables if you didn't use the same cables when you verified output 2

Sounds like either the cable is broken or the 1/4" jack. ... then again, it's both left and right, hmm....

I used the same cables in both the outputs. Have tried connecting different cables. Volume of both sides decreased almost equally.
Also tried connecting the II to an Amp. Its again the same things, output 1 has very low volume compared to output 2. Hopefully its nothing hardware related.

He said that the output 1 xlr and phones are fine wich
indicate that front knob should be fine.

What if the phase of l and r are set at 180
and output 1 set to sum l and r.

It's probably not possible but worth checking.

How do you record the analog connections? Just saying because sometimes it's the middleman...
I connect the output (TRS) to the input (RCA) of my soundcard M-Audio Delta 1010lt. But the Output 2 and Output 1 XLR are working fine with the same cables.

Front panel knobs?
They are working fine for the Headphone and XLR

He said that the output 1 xlr and phones are fine wich
indicate that front knob should be fine.

What if the phase of l and r are set at 180
and output 1 set to sum l and r.

It's probably not possible but worth checking.

Just checked. Phase is Normal and output is Stereo.

Tried resetting several times too. Plus i dont use any Midi pedals with it.
I was using FW7. Updated to 9.2 in hope that it might fix it but its still the same :cry

I noticed you mention TRS in your first post.
You do use mono cables (TS), don't you?

Have you verified that there's still a level difference when you're recording through the very same channels in your DAW? The reason I ask is that, as others have said, it's not likely that both channels would have identical failures at the same time, and it would be good to rule out all external factors. If you have a power amp/speaker, try plugging into each output to see whether you still hear a level difference.

I will record with my interface as well as some other interface to check it. Will post the clips of both channels from output 1 and out 2.
Since both the channels have identical failures, i am hoping the problem is not in the hardware.

Is there anyway to reflash the Axe completely? I have tried resetting several times but that's not helping. So i am thinking a complete reflash, that would make it like factory new, might fix it.

Is there anyway to reflash the Axe completely? I have tried resetting several times but that's not helping. So i am thinking a complete reflash, that would make it like factory new, might fix it.
You can always reload the firmware.

Ya know I noticed something similar today. I heard the volume drop.

I am using the MFC-101. I noticed that when this happened it actually jumped from 005 to 004 by itself ...

I popped the switches back and forth from bank to bank then preset to preset. It still happened.

Then I twiddled the Value knob on the AXE FX from several presets, then set it to 005 and it ever changed again!

Back
Top Bottom