Axe-Fx II v15 Manual Errata and Issues

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Last edited:
One more occurrence of DAMPING (obsolete) instead of NEG FEEDBACK on page 42, MASTER VOLUME paragraph, 4th bullet

"Amps with negative feedback (damping greater than zero) tend to have a “crunchier” power amp distortion, which can get “raspy” if driven too hard. You can experiment with the interactivity of DAMPING (see Advanced Parameters, below) and MASTER VOLUME to achieve desired distortion timbres."

I found a couple of minor errors while researching the USB settings in the I/O menu:

On page 135, in the table of I/O menu settings, the second to last setting says "SPDIF/AES SOURCE" but the setting in the front panel is "USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE".

On page 182, in the list of factory default settings, In the I/O Audio section, "S/PDIF / AES/EBU Select" is actually "SPDIF/AES SELECT" in the front panel

On page 182, in the list of factory default settings, In the I/O Audio section, "USB / S/PDIF Out Source" is actually "USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE" in the front panel.

Subtle differences, but I noticed they don't match the actual hardware.

I/O HW & Parameters Guide on the last page of the manual: I think "Output Level 1 (knob)" should be "Output Level 2 (knob)" just before the "Out2 L+R" label. Looks like a copy/paste from the one above it.

32 Brit JM45 Jump Marshall® JTM45® Jumpered - Based on this popular high gain 4 channel 100W head with channels jumpered.

Umm... I guess something's not right here :D

Also (I've marked with !):

144 Solo 88 Rhythm Soldano® X-88 - Chosen because the Rhythm channel of the 99 is identical !to the that of the! 100
147 Spawn Nitrous Splawn® Nitro - This “Spawn” !his! lots of saturation and big lows, with KT88 power tubes

Last edited:
Page 180 Section 16.18 Axe-Fx II XL Bank & Preset Numbers Table: PC#064 through 127 BANK C (CC#0=2):
** This incorrect and shows 256 to 319
*** It should be 320 to 383

Page 182 Section APPENDIX I/O CONTROL Default CC assignments appear in the table below:
*** Missing Rotary 1 X/Y CC#125 and Rotary 2 X/Y CC#126

Page 185 Section 17.3 Midi Implementation Chart: Function > Program Change > Remarks: Selecting a preset via the Axe-Fx II front panel will also transmit the corresponding bank select and program change number messages:
**This is incorrect bc selecting a preset via the Axe-Fx II front panel will not transmit the corresponding bank select and program change number messages
*** It transmits sysex messages

Hi!
Page 201, the overview about the signal flow, on the right side:
There is written OUTPUT LEVEL 1 (knob) as description for the knob that controls output 2.
Right was OUTPUT LEVEL 2.

This thread has gone a bit stale. A lot has changed since the last manual revision. Here's a quick rundown of some areas that need attention:

No mention of XL+ model.
Amp Block - many parameters have changed or moved, many new amp models
Cab Block - dephase, preamp simulation section, many factory cabs have changed
Compressor Block - dynamics mode
Delay Block - several new modes, mix law has changed (dry stays full up below 50% mix, etc.)
Drive Block - several new drive modes, variable clipping type
Reverb Block - high/low quality, several new reverb modes added

I'm sure there's more. Those are the ones I've noticed recently.

Back
Top Bottom