Axe-FX II USB Troubleshooting

Dyersbrew

I recently purchased a used Axe-FX IIXL+. Appears to be in really good shape—no reason to suspect it’s been damaged internally or misused. Works great. However, I’m having some problems with the USB.

I cannot get AXE-Edit or Fractal Bot to connect to the unit. AXE-Edit will show “connecting” for a while, then give the error that the version cannot be queried. If I attempt run a back-up through Fractal Bot, the “Begin” button is not available (my guess is because it is not connecting). I’m familiar with the Edit and Fractal Bot applications—I currently use them with an FX-8 Mark II.

I confirmed that I am running the Axe-Edit for the Axe-FX II. Downloaded and installed it multiple times. Also downloaded the driver package for MAC—my OS is 10.14.6 (newer than required). I’ve re-downloaded and installed the driver several times, as well. It has obviously made some changes—the input device for GarageBand shows Axe-FX II (although it doesn’t work). Also downloaded the driver for Windows and tried on a PC—won't connect either. I’ve exhausted the troubleshooting steps in the manuals and any discussions I can find in the forums. The applications still will not connect.

Beginning to suspect the USB in the Axe-FX may have an issue. The previous owner stated he never used the USB port, so I cannot confirm that it ever worked.

Anyone have similar experience, have any additional troubleshooting advice, or is this possibly to the point I need to call FAS?

Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom