Axe-Fx II / USB / Pro Tools 11 / OSX issue - Help would be appreciated!

npx

Inspired
I’m running Mac OS X 10.9.5, a Presonus Firestudio Mobile Interface and an Axe-Fx II Mark 1 with Quantum 1.0 FW.

My usual DAW of choice is Logic X, or sometimes I use Presonus Studio One 2, tracking guitars from the Axe-Fx over USB with no problems. I have owned Pro Tools 11 for a couple of years, but until now I’ve only really used it for editing sessions recorded in Pro Tools at other studios. I usually bounce stems into Logic to track other stuff at home. For the current project I’m working on, I would like to stay completely in Pro Tools, which means recording guitars with the Axe-Fx over USB. It should be simple, but it is proving to be incredibly frustrating!

What happens is that I will record in Pro Tools for a little bit with no problem, and then all of a sudden new tracks that I record play back late, and out of sync with the material I am recording over. Restarting Pro Tools fixes the issue for a little bit (20 minutes or so) and then it suddenly starts drifting again. USB buffer size is set to 1024 on the Axe-Fx, and the H/W buffer in Pro Tools is at 256 samples.

Any ideas what might be going on? I can’t seem to replicate the issue in Logic.

is pro tools set to 48k, or is it converting. I hope you know what I am referring to, I am not good at computer recording but I know I have to set studio one to 48 instead of 44 or 128(or what ever the other options are) to record and monitor with the axe. if I do not it tells me that the rate selected does not match.

Yes, the sessions are 48k/24bit, there should be no sample rate conversion going on.

Back
Top Bottom