Axe FX II USB Audio Interface into Logic 8 - Cannot See "Axe FX II Input" device

oddb0d

Inspired
Maybe someone can help me out with this problem. I have the Axe FX II set up as my audio interface. If I use Garageband everything works fine. I can set the input device to be "Axe FX II Input" and the output device to be "Axe FX II Output." Everything is as expected at this point. If I switch over to Logic Pro 8. I only have the option to pick one audio device. The only option in the list is "Axe FX II Output" which works for output, but not for input. Is there a way to make the audio interface behave as a single device? What is the reason for having it look like 2 differing audio devices?

Any pointers anyone?

IIRC - this has already been covered... did you try a search of this section of the forum or the [new] AxeEdit section. (sorry, not a mac man)

I did a whole bunch of searches (literally spent 45 mins trawling through various forums.) There was one close about creating an aggregated audio interface by Mark Day, but that was not for the same thing. It seems this is not an issue for people using Logic 9 as they have updated the audio screen to have both input and output (like garageband).

Check the Mac preferences if input output is selected as required.
Apple logo>>preferences>sound - check input output tabs and select your inputs and output as AXE FX II and that will provide your logic input output as axefx ii. try this and see if it resolves your problem.

Macbook Pro: Logic 9: Apogee Gio:

Hmm, so if you're selecting "Axe FX II output" as your device and create a new track, what are your input options then?

Aggregate device is a little dicey IMO...

I did a whole bunch of searches (literally spent 45 mins trawling through various forums.) There was one close about creating an aggregated audio interface by Mark Day, but that was not for the same thing. It seems this is not an issue for people using Logic 9 as they have updated the audio screen to have both input and output (like garageband).

Aggregate device is what you need to do; using axe II in logic was exactly how that discussion that mark day ended up posting in got started

Back
Top Bottom