Axe-Fx II USB audio channel count problem (WIN10 - ASIO4ALL)

vaultnaemsae

Inspired
Returning to WINDOWS 10 after a long time away in macOS land here.

The Axe-Fx II's dedicated USB driver bootloader is installed on my system and appears appropriately when using the device with the FAS driver only.

However, I hoped to use the Axe-Fx II as part of a macOS-style aggregated audio device (with 2 other USB audio interfaces) via ASIO4ALL. The Axe-Fx II shows up as a 2 In/2 Out USB audio device only in ASIO4ALL -- D.I. channels (IN 3/4) are not visible. Is this normal?

Please, if anybody using an Axe-Fx II on Windows 10 could reproduce/confirm this asio4all thing, I’d be very appreciative. There seems to be very little
literature/discussion on the issue on the internet.

EDIT: Disregard...the device does not display all ports (as other devices do) in the ASIO4ALL interface/setup window but the ports are available for use.

Last edited:
Win 10, Reaper
Using ASIO4all, all my outputs are available on the Axe Fx III, as an "audio input" selected my internal sound card for the hell of it ( Don't usually use ASIO4all)
I do have a Axe Fx II off site I can get it install the diver and see what it looks like on my system
John

Untitled2.jpg

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. The issue has been resolved. It was simply an issue with the ASIO4ALL interface which was not clearly indicating availability of all 4 channels (but they are actually exposing in the DAW — Live 10).

Unfortunately ASIO4ALL won’t allow choosing a sample buffer other than 512 samples (whereas you can choose 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 or 1024 in macOS when using a coreaudio aggregate audio device).

As you can see in the attached image I have tried to select 128 but ASIO4ALL remains locked at 512.

I think this experiment will end up leading me back to macOS where devices aggregate without major problems.

Attachments

• 221C690E-7C65-41E7-A146-E012DAE93F2E.jpeg
    221C690E-7C65-41E7-A146-E012DAE93F2E.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom