Axe-Fx II TotalSync

Hey Jerry! Good seeing you again! Hope all is well.

Are you talking about the the II, MFC, and Axe-Edit sync? Once I upgraded all 3 if I change a preset on any one the other two change.

w841mc.png

I've just finished the entire suite upgrade, enabled TotalSync and it's working great; having all three components in sync is really cool...a couple of minor things to attend to and it's off to audition 6 and the new factory presets....yea!!

I notice that IA settings aren't synced - if I bypass a block with the editor (one that's IA controlled on the MFC), the MFC doesn't update IA state. No big deal, just an observation.

I notice that IA settings aren't synced - if I bypass a block with the editor (one that's IA controlled on the MFC), the MFC doesn't update IA state. No big deal, just an observation.

It doesn't do that. Noted in the release. It only syncs the preset changes. What you request is on the roadmap, but not in this version.

It doesn't do that. Noted in the release.

It is?

I didn't see it. The MFC Release Notes say this:

Added support for Axe-Fx II TotalSync where preset changes made at the Axe-Fx II front panel or via Axe-Edit are reflected on the MFC-101. TotalSync is designed for basic, default MFC/Axe-Fx II interactions:
 MFC-101 SONG and SET modes are not supported.
 Custom MFC-101 Tx Map or Axe-Fx II preset remapping are not supported. (Presets loaded from the Axe-Fx II front panel will load in their default MFC-101 bank/footswitch locations despite re-mapping.)
 Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra are not supported.

...and the Axe Notes say this:

Added Program Change sync when changing presets via front panel. This allows MFC and Axe-Edit to synchronize.

Like I said, not a big deal and it's cool that it's coming. But I did read the notes!

It is?

I didn't see it. The MFC Release Notes say this:

Added support for Axe-Fx II TotalSync where preset changes made at the Axe-Fx II front panel or via Axe-Edit are reflected on the MFC-101. TotalSync is designed for basic, default MFC/Axe-Fx II interactions:
 MFC-101 SONG and SET modes are not supported.
 Custom MFC-101 Tx Map or Axe-Fx II preset remapping are not supported. (Presets loaded from the Axe-Fx II front panel will load in their default MFC-101 bank/footswitch locations despite re-mapping.)
 Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra are not supported.

...and the Axe Notes say this:

Added Program Change sync when changing presets via front panel. This allows MFC and Axe-Edit to synchronize.

Like I said, not a big deal and it's cool that it's coming. But I did read the notes!

That's what the notes you posted say. It only changes presets in sync. Nothing else at this time.

It doesn't do that. Noted in the release. It only syncs the preset changes. What you request is on the roadmap, but not in this version.

has this been added or fixed yet ?. When you stomp on an MFC-101 stomp switch to enable or disable an effect, it doesnt change within axe edit in real time? Its not working for me, how to fix this, or hasn't it been fixed yet, or maybe im missing some setting to activate it. total sync is enabled in the mfc-101 Mk3 with latest firmware.

As I said before make sure none of your Fractal devices are renamed "titanic" because they too will start syncing

has this been added or fixed yet ?. When you stomp on an MFC-101 stomp switch to enable or disable an effect, it doesnt change within axe edit in real time? Its not working for me, how to fix this, or hasn't it been fixed yet, or maybe im missing some setting to activate it. total sync is enabled in the mfc-101 Mk3 with latest firmware.
This was never added (or, as far as I can remember) officially promised by Fractal Audio as something they would ever implement.

Axe Edit does not poll the Axe II for status in real time. I don't think it ever has. Only certain actions like changing presets trigger it to update its status. Only the tuner and tempo display are updated in real time. Pausing and resuming Axe Edit's communication also triggers a status update.

Back
Top Bottom