Axe-FX II: Tom Petty - Mary's Last Dance

That applies to most great guitar tone and is a big reason some truly struggle with good tone. The great tone monsters knew how to make guitar tones by making them right for the mix.

So true. If I dialed in Hendrix's tone for Purple Haze I would have hated it and moved on. Look what he did with it!

Dl'd. Hope I can get it to sound right. I'd love to mix some vocals in with the lead bits. I think it would sound better than Petty's original.

This preset sounded great without any adjustments using my Suhr S4 thru CLRs, both with single coils and humbuckers....liking it...

I love my vintage strat...but I sure wish I could get my hands on a good Suhr guitar!

You should post some noodling clip on this thread! I always enjoy hearing others use the presets...

This preset sounded great without any adjustments using my Suhr S4 thru CLRs, both with single coils and humbuckers....liking it...

You remain a medium gain hero. Love it.

There is much truth in this statement.

If you had told me this was the original, I wouldn't have second guessed you. Sounds great. Especially the outro bit on the left side.

Edit: loaded up the patch and that IR and oh man, that's the stuff. So good. Made one small tweak: running both amps in parallel, in to cab blocks of their own, with a cab panned hard left and one panned hard right. Superb stereo sounds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom