Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the Preamp on the Axe 2 upgraded? I found that the input stage was re-worked, but the converters were not.

No Axe I patch will work on the Axe II. You'll have to rebuild your violin (or other) patch by hand on the Axe II.

Understood - was just wanting to confirm that the Axe II had all of the synth options from the Ultra.

Can the effects loop send and return be independently routed?

I use my VG-99 in input 2, as per the layout I went through earlier in this thread, but would still like to use output 2 for W/D/W or an independently adjustable desk send without cutting back my rig.. ATM, the effects loop is the first block in my signal chain and set to thru so that it's just like changing a guitar with my existing signal chain. The other work around would be to have a second send and return so that I could route back to the start of the chain without being limited to a single row of effects.

Bump...

Its probably been mentioned 100 times but im not going to read all 119 pages of this thread, why is it that the FX II can only do 48khz? That is so dumb on so many levels. (still wont stop me from buying one but still!)

Its probably been mentioned 100 times but im not going to read all 119 pages of this thread, why is it that the FX II can only do 48khz? That is so dumb on so many levels. (still wont stop me from buying one but still!)
If you don't want to read, just search. That would have gotten you to this post in about 5 seconds.

Same reason as before. If you want a different rate, let your computer resample. Modelers always have a native sample rate. If they are offering different output sample rates then they are just resampling. Modern software resamplers are better.

Given the longer IRs and headphone out, any possibility of the "in the room" headphone mode for late night practice?

I don't think the send and return can be independently placed, but you can route them any way you like, just as in the Standard and Ultra. Just send your wet signal to the effects loop input, and route the effexts loop output to your VG-99 signal chain.

I don't care about the 48khz because i can get a good signal with the analog output and sample it into my DAW in 96khz.
But i'm wrong or cliff states somewhere that the Axe works internally at a higher sample (and very high)? In this case it should be able to offer higher sample or i don't understand the reason.

The higher quality the convertors in your audio interface/DAW are the less you are going to hear marked differences/improvements between 48 and 96 (or 44 and 96 for that matter). Most people that endlessly tout 96 (or higher!) are using inferior (or merely average) convertors and need to run at 96 to overcome the atrocious rolloffs that low end convertors have. I have NUMEROUS times tested "sample-rate snobs" with Apogee or Benchmark, etc. convertors and they can't tell (or choose the wrong clip!) when they hear a 48 and 96 clip back to back from a high-end convertor such as these. Don't skimp on your convertors...or word clock for that matter (probably the second most overlooked piece of the puzzle!)

The higher quality the convertors in your audio interface/DAW are the less you are going to hear marked differences/improvements between 48 and 96 (or 44 and 96 for that matter). Most people that endlessly tout 96 (or higher!) are using inferior (or merely average) convertors and need to run at 96 to overcome the atrocious rolloffs that low end convertors have. I have NUMEROUS times tested "sample-rate snobs" with Apogee or Benchmark, etc. convertors and they can't tell (or choose the wrong clip!) when they hear a 48 and 96 clip back to back from a high-end convertor such as these. Don't skimp on your convertors...or word clock for that matter (probably the second most overlooked piece of the puzzle!)

Which converter do you use?

Roland

Which converter do you use?

Lavry AD10 and DA10, I soley wanted it at 96 for simplicity to tie in with my work flow, and I have never used or seen an axe fx but thought that staying digital would be my best option rather than going through DA/AD conversion

I don't care about the 48khz because i can get a good signal with the analog output and sample it into my DAW in 96khz.
But i'm wrong or cliff states somewhere that the Axe works internally at a higher sample (and very high)? In this case it should be able to offer higher sample or i don't understand the reason.

I believe that was referring to oversampling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom