Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read somewhere within this thread that the II at least got the horsepower to have that. But don´t recall if all been implemented yet...

He stated the code is set so he can have any parameter linked to a modifier. Right now, there are basically the same ones with modifiers. That of course can change.

Nothing. However the X, Y buttons can be mapped to menus while in the recall screen. I have mine mapped to amp 1 and delay 1. When in the recall screen if you hit X or Y it will take you directly to those block. The ABCD buttons will be linked to where you last used the block. I have mine set so when I hit the X button it takes me to the amp block knob = type, A = Drive, B=bass C= mid, D = treble

Thats fine for me - would be better if they could be assigned freely in recall mode - but this will do in the meantime.

FractalAudio said:
The Quick Control knobs are also controller choices. If you are outside an edit menu the Quick Control knobs can be used to modify parameters like you would with an expression pedal.

Excellent!

Are the XLR outputs at line level? If I buy this, I would be going direct to FOH, can that level be sent to a mic input on a mixer, or would it need to be padded first? I have a Radial JS2 w/ a 30dB pad, would this do the trick?

Line level. So use a line input on the mixer. Mic input needs to be padded, or use a DI.

I thought Cliff said we can now choose Line of Mic level?

Bump #2

Not sure I've seen this confirmed - does the Axe II have all of the synth options of the Ultra? We're not losing anything here from the Ultra, correct?

About the new looper and it's capabilities: Will you still be able to record and play back only one loop at a time, or can you record and save different loops and maybe even be able to switch between let's say loop 1, 2 or 3, or even play 2 or 3 loops simultaneously (I guess this is just wishful thinking..) ? ;-)

I tried this plugin a few years ago - it sounds quite bad.
I finally came to the realization that real sustain was going to either require moving a lot of air or adding a sustainer driver neck pickup to my guitar. If you don't need real sustain then the options are almost endless.

What then, is the preferred method of handling the signal going direct to a mixer?

Decent mixers used at even small to medium sized venues typically have line-level inputs, or at least a pad on each mic channel. A DI box is good to have around just in case. In fact, the venue probably has a couple of them lying around...if the sound guy is worth a damn.

In fact, the venue probably has a couple of them lying around...if the sound guy is worth a damn.

That's sadly a HUGE "if", the sound guy being worth a damn. It is so amazing when you get a good one these days, at least at the venues i play.

bump #

Hello Cliff.
I remember you said that you use the Axe Fx with a VHT 2:50:2 poweramp live. Is still your favourite combination with the Axe Fx II? I ask this because I have the vht poweramp and maybe is not worth with the Axe II. Maybe with a SS poweramp I can do the same with less money. Are diferences like "move more air" a little different "feel"...?

bump #
Originally Posted by guitartrue
Hello Cliff.
I remember you said that you use the Axe Fx with a VHT 2:50:2 poweramp live. Is still your favourite combination with the Axe Fx II? I ask this because I have the vht poweramp and maybe is not worth with the Axe II. Maybe with a SS poweramp I can do the same with less money. Are diferences like "move more air" a little different "feel"...?

He moved away from that a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom