Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, got missed earlier, just wondered if the Multiband comp has been updated at all? Still 3-bands? Still same frequency ranges?

Thanks

Spence

The 'sweet spots' are enormous in most every amp block I've tried so far. It's like picking ripe fruit.

Thanks Scott, that is the key piece of information I've been waiting for as I've been slogging through all of the fanboy and hater threads recently. Setting aside everything else, the incremental improvement in sound quality over the Standard and Ultra is all that matters.

I know this is isn't the intended application of the humbuster ports but...

I live in a Condo with insane EMI. Could it be beneficial to plug a guitar into one of the rear 'humbuster' ports (using the custom cable) to reduce the insane hum?

(NOTE: I have NO dimmer switches or fluorescent lights, the EMI is coming from the building wiring or from a utility source. I've called 2 electricians who couldn't find anything wrong with my condo wiring).

Just wondering. Thanks!

Well, yeah - you COULD plug a guitar into the output. I doubt you'll be satisfied with the result.

The 'sweet spots' are enormous in most every amp block I've tried so far. It's like picking ripe fruit.
So really what you mean is...Unlike before where most of the amps had a limited placement range of where to tone/gain knobs would sound good, you can play with the settings a lot and it still sounds good?

I feel X/Y may also be used to audition and A/B old settings vs new ones to decide which one to keep. I know it can be done by duplicating a preset, but using X/Y would be cleaner.

Given this, is there a native function in the AxeFX II UI to copy the current settings in a block from X to Y and Y to X?

I feel X/Y may also be used to audition and A/B old settings vs new ones to decide which one to keep. I know it can be done by duplicating a preset, but using X/Y would be cleaner.

Given this, is there a native function in the AxeFX II UI to copy the current settings in a block from X to Y and Y to X?

Cliff has said in another thread that they're working on a proper Compare function. Being able to copy from X to Y would certainly be useful though.

Can you morph (expression pedal) between x to y so as to smoothly transition from clean to crunch?

It's been mentioned a couple times in this thread that it's a toggle, which means no. Cliff even gave the example of a two channel amp, where it's either channel 1 or channel 2 but not both at once.

Edit to mention - you dont need X and Y settings to morph from clean to crunch. Just set various parameters (like gain, master volume, etc) so they're controlled by an expression pedal. You can already do that with a Standard or Ultra, no need for X/Y to pull that off.

Will there be an easy way to totally clear out a patch to create a blank patch to start with a clean slate?

+1

I've done this on accident via AxeEdit more than once!

:lol

I suppose it could be done via AxeEdit, but I am more of a front panel tweaker. I mainly only use AxeEdit for firmware updates and user cabs. It would be cool to just hit one button to clear out a patch though. Just make sure it was hidden enough not to be accidentally pressed. lol

:lol

I suppose it could be done via AxeEdit, but I am more of a front panel tweaker. I mainly only use AxeEdit for firmware updates and user cabs. It would be cool to just hit one button to clear out a patch though. Just make sure it was hidden enough not to be accidentally pressed. lol

Keep one preset totally empty. When you wanna blank out a preset, load that blank preset and save it to whatever location you wanna blank. Done!

Are the 4 "Quick Control" knob assignments per patch, global, something else? Only controller assignable parameters, or anything you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom