Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell us about the new analog/nonlinear modeling in thing like the wah, phaser, flanger, chorus, etc.

Varies from block-to-block. In the Wah it models the non-linearity of the famed "Fasel Inductor". In the Chorus and Flanger it models the non-linearity of bucket-brigade delay lines (BBD).

another one if u dont mind:
do we still have to set the speaker res in the amp block manually to make the best out of the IR or will it be smarter and auto configure to whatever cab is used?

how many amps & cabs are possible at once in one preset. still 2 x amps, 4 x cabs?

how many (new) effects are there, can you name a few?

were the drive stompboxes built up new from scratch?

Tell us more about using the USB audio interface in a DAW... Despite the hardware being 48Khz, is it possible to make it appear to the DAW as 96Khz?

In the DAW, does it show up as a 2 input, 3 output device (L+R in, L+R+Dry Out)?

So in tracking, you'd create a stereo track for the wet sound for the rough track, and a mono track for the dry track.... then to "reamp" it, you'd send the dry track to the Axe's virtual input?

Is that the workflow?

Due to the reply rate of this thread, I think my question might have accidentally been missed, so I'll post it again!

Hey Cliff, about the four knobs on the front. Will it be possible to do something like this:

Edit Amp Block
set "X" set of knobs to something like Bass and Treble for the top two, then Mid and Gain for the bottom two knobs
set "Y" set of knobs to something like Depth and Presence for the top two knobs and, I don't know, Sag and Master for the bottom two knobs
and now while we're editing the amp block, we can press the X or Y buttons to instantly switch the knobs back and fourth to control the values we've just assigned to them for super-fast editing?

A last one before my lunch brake ends, are the new cab sims a major breaktrough as far as sound and feel goes from what we were use to i.e stock cabs and third party I.R.

Thanks so much for directly answering our questions like this. It's such a rare thing for companies to do. It's great to see.

Anyway, I'm kind of confused about how comparing works in the Axe-Fx II. Can you compare entire patches you've just edited with a dedicated "compare" button that switches from the edited to previously-saved versions of patches, and/or can you directly compare edited/unedited blocks within a patch?

Tell us more about using the USB audio interface in a DAW... Despite the hardware being 48Khz, is it possible to make it appear to the DAW as 96Khz?

In the DAW, does it show up as a 2 input, 3 output device (L+R in, L+R+Dry Out)?

So in tracking, you'd create a stereo track for the wet sound for the rough track, and a mono track for the dry track.... then to "reamp" it, you'd send the dry track to the Axe's virtual input?

Is that the workflow?

The driver should resample to whatever rate you want.

It will show up as a 3 In, 2 Out device. For example, in Reaper I set it to three mono channels. I then play back channel 3 for reamping.

1) Where are the input knobs - how can I change the input level now?

2) What parameters are in the new CAB block?

3) Is there an acoustic guitar sim (or IR) included?

4) Can we name the user IR's?

5) Can we name the amp and effect models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom