Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Redwirez Email:

"ENGL is the German V30 and the Uberkab is the German Boutique"

That's pretty weird because there are already 3 separate entries for the Red Wirez Uberkab, according to the manual....

That's pretty weird because there are already 3 separate entries for the Red Wirez Uberkab, according to the manual....

This is the question I asked:

"Could you tell me what Cabs 4x12 German V30 & 4x12 German Boutique are?"

This was the answer:

"ENGL is the German V30 and the Uberkab is the German Boutique.

-- mike"

That's all I know :)

Reactions: yek
A few questions about the stock cabs (to document in the wiki):

- Any information which mics were used to capture the RW and OH IRs, or are these "neutral" (TC30) IRs?

Thanks

Asked Mike at Redwire and he siad to his knowledge they weren't TC30's and didn't know what recipe Cliff used on those.

Hey Cliff,

Just received the AXE-FX II (great!! :D), I would like to use a simple footswitch like the Line 6 FBV Express MkII 4-button Foot Controller or a Peavey Sanpera Guitar Footswitch, will they work with the AXE-FX II? If not is Fractal Audio going to make a smaller foot controller for those of us that don't want something as large as the MFC-101?

Ty
DSterling

Just received the AXE-FX II (great!! :D), I would like to use a simple footswitch like the Line 6 FBV Express MkII 4-button Foot Controller or a Peavey Sanpera Guitar Footswitch, will they work with the AXE-FX II? If not is Fractal Audio going to make a smaller foot controller for those of us that don't want something as large as the MFC-101?
I'm not Cliff but the FBV won't work. If you've ever looked inside, you'd know why: there's no logic in there, just a way to feed controller events to the amp.

If you want something smaller but full-featured, your best bet is probably the LF Jr.

aleclee,

Do you know where I can get a LF Jr (liquid foot jr?)? I go to the web site and its not working, I can't find it anywhere?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi, Im not computer savy and I know this has sorta been discussed but Im not definite on the answer: older IR compatability? can any previous ir be used, has anyone tried, with say some conversion program? Or does this not make sense for some technical reason. If someone has tried successfully and with some semblance of decent sound please let me know how to convert etc. thanks. (not that there arent enough great ones in the axe 2) ps and I know ownhammer has updated which I have, just wondering about other ones floating around on this site or others., thanks.

Hi, Im not computer savy and I know this has sorta been discussed but Im not definite on the answer: older IR compatability? can any previous ir be used, has anyone tried, with say some conversion program? Or does this not make sense for some technical reason. If someone has tried successfully and with some semblance of decent sound please let me know how to convert etc. thanks. (not that there arent enough great ones in the axe 2) ps and I know ownhammer has updated which I have, just wondering about other ones floating around on this site or others., thanks.

They aren't compatible. The Axe-Fx II uses a different IR format. You'd have to reconvert .wav-based IRs (I believe AlbertaA was updating his IR conversion tool...).

I've written a utility that will convert g1.syx directly to g2.syx (i.e. Axe IR format to Axe II IR format). It will be final as soon as I get an Axe II so I can do final testing.

Of course when you do that you have only the original 1024 points to work with, not the 2040 points that an Axe II IR contains. My understanding is that the extra samples don't make an audible difference anyway, but I haven't done any listening tests yet.

...anyone know if there is a cheaper controller? I only need a 2 - 4 button switch?
Search eBay for "midi foot controller". That usually returns a few dozen new and discontinued MIDI pedals of all sizes, from two buttons on up.

I'm sorry if this has been addressed. I can't search for x/y and mfc - they're too common.

How are IA switches set up to control x/y?

Will I need to have a dedicated switch(es) on the MFC to control specific x/y blocks (i.e., a dedicated amp 1 x/y switch, a dedicated delay 1 x/y switch, etc.), or can I have a dedicated wildcard x/y switch (or more than one) on the MFC that will control whichever x/y blocks I want specified within whichever preset is recalled?

If it's the former, IA switch real estate will be eaten up quickly if a person wants to use the x/y feature live for more than a couple of block types. I hope this isn't the case. On/off of specific blocks is most important to me and I'm using every space I've got with the Ultra (including the revealed bottom row).

Thanks for the help!

I'm sorry if this has been addressed. I can't search for x/y and mfc - they're too common.

How are IA switches set up to control x/y?

Will I need to have a dedicated switch(es) on the MFC to control specific x/y blocks (i.e., a dedicated amp 1 x/y switch, a dedicated delay 1 x/y switch, etc.), or can I have a dedicated wildcard x/y switch (or more than one) on the MFC that will control whichever x/y blocks I want specified within whichever preset is recalled?

If it's the former, IA switch real estate will be eaten up quickly if a person wants to use the x/y feature live for more than a couple of block types. I hope this isn't the case. On/off of specific blocks is most important to me and I'm using every space I've got with the Ultra (including the revealed bottom row).

Thanks for the help!
You should look in the MFC forum for more info, but you can do individual switches as you described, you can merge multiple X/Ys into one by setting them to the same CC# in the AFx II, or you can put the MFC in non-AFx mode and program switches to do whatever combo of X/Ys you like.

You should look in the MFC forum for more info, but you can do individual switches as you described, you can merge multiple X/Ys into one by setting them to the same CC# in the AFx II, or you can put the MFC in non-AFx mode and program switches to do whatever combo of X/Ys you like.

Thanks, Scarr. I missed the additions in the MFC manual that show the [BLOCK]X/Y AF2 functions. It's funny, until you mentioned it, I forgot that I assigned most delay blocks to one CC# so that I could control most of them with one IA switch. I guess I knew (past tense is key) the answer to my own question. I just haven't thought about this stuff since I set it up! A couple more days until the AF2 arrives and I'll be in business. Thanks, again.

Sustainiac

Question for Cliff back in the 80s Lynch used something called a sustainiac or very similar to the Sustainer pickups or ebow..

can this be recreated in the Axe ..I am thinking with the hold delay you may be able to . If the hold delay was an IA like a pedal you could turn on /off to accent a certain note..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom