Axe-FX II - Sustain (very short clip)

Every time you share one of these clips from the Axe2, I get excited to hear how good it sounds, then anger sets in because you have one and I don't, then I calm down and just appreciate that you shared, but this time, you mentioned you used a PRS custom 22, which is exactly what I want...so...I'm kinda leaning towards the anger again. :) (I have a 24 fretter, but wish I had gone the 22 fret route)

thanks angrily Scott,
Steve

Every time you share one of these clips from the Axe2, I get excited to hear how good it sounds, then anger sets in because you have one and I don't, then I calm down and just appreciate that you shared, but this time, you mentioned you used a PRS custom 22, which is exactly what I want...so...I'm kinda leaning towards the anger again. :) (I have a 24 fretter, but wish I had gone the 22 fret route)

thanks angrily Scott,
Steve

Precisely why I don't post my address.
mobat9.gif

Thanks for the sharing Scott! Now, flip that PRS over to the bridge pickup, and record a few bars of "Runnin' With The Devil" or "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" or "You Really Got Me"! ;) :D

Please? :)

(like I or anyone else needs more GAS for this damn thing)

PRS Cu-22 has a lot of sustain all by itself, even unplugged... at least mine does.
I'm interested in the note bloom the Axe II has. This is one thing that digital hasn't been all that good at in the past. The note attack characteristic and transient response, particularly in the high end, are tough on a modeler I think. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Very nice indeed but the subject of this thread is kinda confusing. Shouldn't a 'sustain clip' be really, really, really ... REALLY long?

Nigel Tufnel: The sustain, listen to it.
Marty DiBergi: I don't hear anything.
Nigel Tufnel: Well you would though, if it were playing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom