Axe FX II: Steven Wilson rhythm tone (Progressive rock)

Digging it! Sounds good to me, it would probably benefit from having just a liiittle bit less gain as his tone is somewhat crunchier, specially during the Shallow bit.
Have you tried this in a mix already?

And gotta love Deadwing. Such a great record.

Going for the Deadwing tone, eh? I'm pretty sure that album was actually recorded with a POD XT. Great tone (and great album), but I probably prefer his tone on In Absentia, personally.

Oh, also, the clip sounds convincing!

Or the tone from No Twilight Within the Courts of the Sun out of Insurgentes. So ridiculously amazing and lots of dynamics :D

Yes! Someone should. Steven are listening this? :)

...in the mean while.
Here is my second attempt to get somewhere close to Porcupine tree rhythm guitar tone. This tone is little heavier, than last one. You hear only two guitar tracks panned left and right.

Any good? :nightmare:

A basswood 7 string?! I would NEVER have guessed that, LOL! It does that PRS-ish midrange bark nicely, I may need to rethink putting some Aftermaths in one of my Steinberger copies. Love the burnt chrome covers too!

Yeah, I think backed by bass it would sound quite right.

A basswood 7 string?! I would NEVER have guessed that, LOL! It does that PRS-ish midrange bark nicely, I may need to rethink putting some Aftermaths in one of my Steinberger copies. Love the burnt chrome covers too!

I recently bought a used but almost un-used! RGXE thingie or other (five-hundred dolla with a Peavey Viper 112 that I thought 'fuck why not check it out?'), and even with the stock INF4 it has some nice mids but pretty smooth actually.

New Clip with drums and bass track.

I added a Bass track and drums. This is sounding pretty good, i think.

What do you guys say? ;)

Back
Top Bottom