Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited six months for an amp to be built- after paying. I waited three months for a well known overdrive pedal to be built- after paying. I waited two and a half years on a list to buy another well known overdrive. It's a good thing I didn't have to pay up front for that one, because by the time my name came around on the list, I had no more interest in purchasing the pedal. Why? Cause I have an axe fx, which does everything I've ever wanted to do with a guitar rig, and much more... at a significantly lower cost than those three mentioned items combined, and it sounds better. Tone is tone! If I need to wait another week, or two, or six, I can do that, and I'll be happy and thankful the whole way through. You rock hard, Cliff!

The sense of entitlement being demonstrated by some folks here is unreal. This isn't a liver transplant we're talking about.

I agree 100%. As was stated before though, it really should be seen as the ultimate compliment. Fractal has created such a high demand product that people are lining up with excitement to hand them their hard earned money. Not only are they excited to hand their money, but some are actually angry that they cannot do so. It is insane, but I would be a liar if I said that I have not been subject to this insanity.

Few more days. Chassis are in transit. Please be patient and stop criticizing us. We're trying our best and I'm getting tired of all the complaining.

Maybe its the fact that I can relate to this too well. People seem to fail to realize that shi...stuff happens from time to time despite best efforts and the bottom line is that I am sure that you don't like the situation anymore than anyone here does. What really sucks is being harrassed about it when it's out of your hands and you are held up by external parties. People can speculate and make comments all they want, but the bottom line is that the situation is what it is and complaining about it will not change that.

I really hope that people realize that you put the estimate on the website in good faith and based on what you knew at the time and don't get all up in arms over it. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't type things. I envy the hell out of you for a lot of reasons, but this is one of those that I don't. :razz

So anyway I understand the deal so that's at least one less person riding you.

Few more days. Chassis are in transit. Please be patient and stop criticizing us. We're trying our best and I'm getting tired of all the complaining.

Fractal can't win. They announce a TENTATIVE date and people start freaking out at 12:01 on that date. They release a product unexpectedly and people start freaking out because "you didn't warn me". GOOD LORD PEOPLE!

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the people complaining the loudest in both cases also have yearly gig totals under 150 and never leave their own state? When it's available we'll all be notified...PERIOD!

Thanks for the update Cliff. I appreciate heads up. My money is waiting when they come in. For all the years of enjoyment I've experienced from my standard I can wait a few more days.

I'm a business owner myself and been the recipient of a lot of unjust complaints. however, I have received many complaints I was responsible for and it forced me to get out of denial and change to better serve my customers.

Cliff/Fractal have received a lot of unjust complaints over the last few weeks and the community here has been right to defend them.

However, it really isn't asking much to ask for a simple update when the target date/week has arrived, especially when you know a percentage of your customers are eagerly awaiting an item. Are they entitled to an update? No but why not? It's just good customer relations, that's all.

Fractal makes killer products and is striving to improve. But let's not turn a blind eye to some things they can do better. You can either bitch about your customers (who happen to keep you in business) or you can take the valid criticisms and strive to approve.

Part of the benefit of having a forum is to get customer feedback, for better or worse. Its an incredibly cheap form of market feedback. Cliff used it well in improving the Axe II. I am sure there are lessons in marketing and customer relations as well.

I appreciate the brief comment as it saves me from checking the site religiously the next few days (and I'm sure many more are in the same situation). A quick update isn't too much to ask and it does a lot more good customer relations wise than harm.

Ya know I'm exited about the prospect of getting an Axe 2 , but this has become silly. Folks should go away and come back in couple of weeks. Maybe it will be released maybe it won't , maybe there will be shipping to Canada , maybe there won't. The world will not end. Good God people, it's just a guitar processor, it's not going to cure world hunger.

See ya in a month or so.

You would soooooo get fired. Fractal Audio, like any other business, exists by selling their product.

Except, by definition, I would be Cliff Chase, as he ultimately is responsible for things like the release date of FAS products. Hard to fire oneself.

I've been giving periodic updates but apparently that isn't often enough for some folks. My advice... relax!

I can't! I'm getting married soon!

But at least I'm not wound up about an effects processor. :D

Ok, new rule, you can't say "thanks for the update" and then in two days when you haven't had your hourly spoon feeding turn around, bash fractal, and complain about what fractal should have done with this release. The units will be ready when they're ready, they'll be just as awesome in a week if you have to wait that much longer. Too many people are acting like little children during this whole release, Be patient, be grateful, and give cliff and fractal some respect and gratitude for the hard work that they are doing to get the axe 2's out the door.

Last edited:
Chillaxing

I'm "chillaxing" as Cliff put it once. I worry about Fractal. How do you go that long without a product on the shelf?
I'm sure they are doing all they can to get back to making a profit.

Last edited:
man, all these desperado fan boys are giving me the shits too. lay off for a bit. get a life and get outta your mother's basement. go for a walk or something.... whilst i understand your excitement, there is more to life. when your bitching and whining is actually annoying the maker of this product (and probably making him feel less inclined to deal with you/us) it is time to stfu. please...

Last edited:
man, all these desperado fan boys are giving me the shits too. lay off for a bit. get a life and get outta your mother's basement. go for a walk or something.... whilst i understand your excitement, there is more to life. when your bitching and whining is actually annoying the maker of this product (and probably making him feel less inclined to deal with you/us) it is time to stfu. please...

Gee, maybe FAS can hire you to do PR and Sales for them.

While there may be merit to your message you need to work on your delivery. There is no need to inflame and deride.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom