Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axe-fx II will officially be announced along side the iPhone 4s at WWDC today... ;)

I didn't know Steve Jobs was a guitarist. He will showcase not only his skills, but the Axe 2 at the WWDC!!!!! I always though Microsoft held the advantage in the GUitarist inventor (Paul Allen) part...this will be interesting to see him rocking through Dweezil's rig and then, pull the Iphone 4s out of his pocket. "And now the Axe 2 of Phones...the Iphone 4s"

haha

I hope others are joking around with their complaints as well. I am 100% having fun at people's expense who can't seem to chill out. :)

EDIT: disclaimer, I am one of the guys clicking the yahoo cart every 20 minutes, just in case :)

Last edited:
Actually Steve Jobs is a musician and composer, not sure which instruments he plays, though.

I think it all comes down to anxious excitement. Understandable as we are looking at something that is foundational to our music, and to most here, our music is a window to our souls. This is indeed quite personal. Excitement is what we are seeing. I think it is pretty cool to have something creating this level of excitement.

Once people actually have their Axe-fx II's in hand... none of this will matter... it's kind of like the kids asking "Are we there yet?"... you don't hear that once you've actually arrived...

I wouldn't be happy about it. When the US starts getting close to defaulting on its debt, things are going to get real ugly. The value of the dollar is going to drop oversees which means higher component costs since a great deal of the chips are manufactured in Asia. Also, material costs for those components manufactured in the USA are going to up as well. You can't find rare earths used in the manufacture of quality semiconductors everywhere you know. So, the price of the Axe may go up quite a bit over the summer, unless FAS as a good stock pile.

I don't doubt the US is either going to at least partially default on it's debt OR restart the printing press and continue printing counterfeit money, but the faster horse in that race is the Euro. I don't know where you live, but if I lived in Eurozone country, I'd be seriously wondering how long until the weight of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and more importantly Spain send the strong countries running. Spain is a huge economy and is in deep doo doo. The Euro bank heads are going to have to run the printing presses just like the US or face default and/or watch an exodus of the healthy countries from the Euro. France and Germany don't need the Euro. The Euro needs them. :)

Ok, now where's my yahoo cart with the AxefxII in it?

cheers,
Steve

mentioning microsoft and fractal in the same sentence is a brutal insult to fractal. imagine if the axe-fx functioned to microsoft standards. you'd be rebooting it between songs. imagine the lockups with eardrum-busting, speaker-frying screeches, the display readouts of indecipherable memory addresses, the random bizarre sonic glitches that cannot be reliably replicated. imagine a digital processor that steadily exhibited higher latency and lower fidelity over time. imagine microsoft-level "customer support". "Wipe your presets and reinstall the firmware, then rebuild from scratch."

Once people actually have their Axe-fx II's in hand... none of this will matter... it's kind of like the kids asking "Are we there yet?"... you don't hear that once you've actually arrived...
are-we-there-yet1.jpg

mentioning microsoft and fractal in the same sentence is a brutal insult to fractal. imagine if the axe-fx functioned to microsoft standards. you'd be rebooting it between songs. imagine the lockups with eardrum-busting, speaker-frying screeches, the display readouts of indecipherable memory addresses, the random bizarre sonic glitches that cannot be reliably replicated. imagine a digital processor that steadily exhibited higher latency and lower fidelity over time. imagine microsoft-level "customer support". "Wipe your presets and reinstall the firmware, then rebuild from scratch."

I have the same amount of issues with my Microsoft based PC and Zune music player as i have with my Macbook and my ipod. Which is basically zero. I think due to the mass number of microsoft users, who are roughly 90% of the browser market (apple is roughly 5%) you will hear about way more issues, though the percentages are probably pretty similar.

That being said, i don't care. I would be just as scared if they followed apples lead (release axe2 in june....relase axe 2s in october adding 1 ext control jack...release axe 2gs in april adding a wireless connection between axe and axe-edit on the computer, but only works on the fractal computer....that costs $1,000) haha

I hope fractal doesn't adopt anyone else's standards and continues to work under their standards, which so far have been remarkable and great.

Just found out that the Axe-fx II will be released with a glasses free 3D LCD to compete with the EVO 3D... only problem is that the Axe-fx II will not have Caller ID... but it will have *69! ;)

I am not a working musician- just a hack so not a big deal for me to wait.
I am sure that everyone has backup amps and plug ins or processors to use, or access to something to borrow if they really need to if they sold off their original.

That said- I find it odd at best that Fractal would do this major countdown and rollout announcement weeks ago and not have any actual product to sell.
They could have done the same thing when they were sure they had the parts and chassis in the pipeline to actually ship.
Great products- business and project planning not so much.

Would be better off to indicate an alternate date they were truly confident of at this point- even if it is July 15th or something.

I don't doubt the US is either going to at least partially default on it's debt OR restart the printing press and continue printing counterfeit money, but the faster horse in that race is the Euro. I don't know where you live, but if I lived in Eurozone country, I'd be seriously wondering how long until the weight of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and more importantly Spain send the strong countries running. Spain is a huge economy and is in deep doo doo. The Euro bank heads are going to have to run the printing presses just like the US or face default and/or watch an exodus of the healthy countries from the Euro. France and Germany don't need the Euro. The Euro needs them. :)

Ok, now where's my yahoo cart with the AxefxII in it?

cheers,
Steve

In a sense, all money is worthless...The only 'value' it really has is that society agrees (or is forced)to use it.....although a 'gold standard' perhaps has more inherent value, it is not without it's own flaws....although I wish the US was still on the gold standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom