Axe fx II schematics ?

Hmmm, good luck with getting that :) On a serious note, if you are doing a dissertation on this technology I assume you have knowledge of DSP circuit design for audio applications?? What I would do is get the reference designs for the DSP chips, A/D & D/A converters, etc. from the manufacturers and put them together - they are freely available. I think you'll find that if you had the axefx (or dare I say, HD500) schematic, the core electronic blocks would not look very different from the reference designs. The low/high level circuit design is not necessarily novel - designers put blocks together ensuring they play well together. Using excellent components, good board layout, techniques, etc. in combination with intelligent firmware is what makes this device novel and awesome... but you probably know that. Good luck on your dissertation!

The OP actually has an AXE FX II.

images

Hahaha! cheers all. very amusing replies. Yes it's strange i am asking for the schematics. and Yes i know a fair bit about DSP and Firmware programming. Just wanted to use the schematics as figure within the dissertation . i could just draw my own i suppose but was only wondering if there was an official one. ;)

I think you missed the points made.

1) you can trace the schematic yourself from the board
2) schematic wont tell you anything about the sound processing anyways
3) data sheets also have standard connection diagrams. Writing a dissertation so I assume you are super familiar with reading data sheets

Depending on the dissertation, I can see the value in having the schematic for an actual product (yes, I'm sure there's an official one, just not publicly available). To be honest, I wouldn't relish the thought of tracing by eye from the physical circuit, especially with the multi-layer boards that are so common in modern digital hardware. Trying to figure out what's going on in layer 4 of a 7-layer board will drive you mad. :)

Here's the schematic:

Guitar input - A/D - DSP - D/A - Output

Sure it's nice to know the quality of the analog signal path and the digital specs, but all the magic is in the coding.

:razz

It is not 100% DSP. There is a "Special Sauce" on the Analog Input circuit. That part of the schematic could be interesting for someone that wants to investigate (or clone).

Pcb.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm doing a dissertation on sound technology and digital modelling and need the schematics of the axe fx ii . Where can I find it? Many thanks.

FWIW, only an undergrad would ask for a schematic. Any decent EE would pull it apart and apply several odious probes to the mechanics to find out for themselves.

There are plenty of philosophical diatribes out there regarding this field...find 'em. Doing the technology research is sort of what you should be doing yourself for a dissertation???? Yes?

(I still have a 14 page breakdown of Aramaic if you like...just substitute some of the verbiage with 'V=Z×Ĩ, where V and Ĩ - voltage and current phasors, Z - complex impedance
(for resistive circuits: Z=R and V=R×I )'... PHD's might not notice...)

I'm just kidding BTW...no insult intended...!)

R

It is not 100% DSP. There is a "Special Sauce" on the Analog Input circuit. That part of the schematic could be interesting for someone that wants to investigate (or clone).
The "special sauce" is old-school noise reduction: high-frequency preemphasis on the analog side, followed by an exact-oposite deemphasis on the digital side.

Well ... I'm just a mechanical engineer, so I'm not that familiar with the semiconductor industry, but isn't there an entire field of patents just for topography of semiconductor technology (utility patents)? I'm pretty sure you will find the schematics of almost every piece of hardware ever created when scouting patent databases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom