"AXE-FX II review" search results in GOOGLE - Not fair !!!

PALYGAP

Experienced
I have just search for "AXE II review" in GOOGLE (.fr and .com) and what comes out as the first result is a really negative review:

"Axe-FX II - why I dont have one"

I don't think it's very fear that one of worst and silly review is displayed as the first result of this google search. The guy just puts down the AXE-FX because is was not "liked" on this forum. That's a little bit limited in term of fairness to the great product that the AXE-FX is.

Wonder why this is so. Does the guy running that WEB site have massive traffic?

Anyway, I also felt on this bad review on the first page of results from the google search
"Why I Won’t Be Buying The Axe-FX II"

This one is not as bad (but still on the put down side) but is outdated since pre-v6. The good thing is that one can post comments in reply. That's what I did, and quite a few others have too.

I wonder if something could be done to avoid that silly review of the AXE-FX II to come out as the first result of this GOOGLE search? any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man is that Tony dude ever BHz ( butt hurts ...internet slang for feelings hurt) over the whole thing.

"Wahhhhhhh he called me a chucklehead.....racist! "

Last edited:
What a douchebag!!!
There will always be someone who doesn't like your product.....and there will be 1000 that will!!!!

Ok I understand this guy is so-so and pretty biased and it has been talked about in another thread : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-reviews/44106-interesting-review.html

I am "chocked" that his .... review is the first result of these kind of search on GOOGLE. It is fully not reserved for the great product that the AXE is.

It would be cool to find a way to reduce its undeserved ranking so that the reality of the product is better reflected in GOOGLE.

Last edited:
Maybe there are some forumites versed in SEO who could volunteer some help. They need to get that tool off the front page.

Don't bother with this, PALYGAP, AxeFX II doesnt need good reviews to be hunted... Last night i recorded a local band with very young members and immediatly they saw my AxeFx2 and were very jealous ;)
So i assume AxeFxII already has a great appeal to those not owning one.

OK there is enough positive facts, reviews and feedbacks for people to end-up grasping that the AXE is great. Still, I can remember from my own experience when I was looking around on the WEB for info on a cool new gear (I am hardly doing that now), I could get skeptical about a gear if a saw a very bad review. I ended up mainly relying on AudioFanzine and Harmony Central. I just think it is more the GOOGLE search result which is a problem. There will be, not just bad reviews, but biased reviews around and everybody is entitled to its opinion but the result of the GOOGLE search is not fear since it ends up promoting a very biased opinion. And I am wondering how this can happen in the google ranking system. High traffic? Lots of external links? I never bump on that site before. Does that site has more traffic that the AXE-FX forum?

The good part of this is that its pretty obviously not a serious rewiew. It is very clear that he is just pissed off for some reason, and now trying to diss this wonder.
What happened in the past he wont even write, so guess he has his part in this aswell.
But yes sad indeed that this is top on google.

His was the first review I read when thinking about buying the unit.

FWIW, it's so obvious that he's a gold-standard idiot that it had, literally, zero impact on my decision.

He's very obviously socially retarded.

His was the first review I read when thinking about buying the unit.

FWIW, it's so obvious that he's a gold-standard idiot that it had, literally, zero impact on my decision.

He's very obviously socially retarded.
I dont agree, i used to follow Tony Mc Kenzy's posts and blogs for a long time, days i had a triaxis and some tubes in my house...
I think he just went into flaming the AxeFx, because of a bad consideration of his opinion on this forum, thing i can understand, as Tony is a long time musician and had a lot of great gear...
It's a sort of misunderstanding between him and Cliff for what i've read, and it's sad we cant get Tony back here, i'm sure he'd have loved the 6.0 fw...

I also read this review and whilst it didn't sway me either way, I was surprised and a bit disappointed at Fractal's very public response/atitude to a paying customer, TM's site is obviously popular with good backlinks and onpage SEO hence the rank. I noticed his review of Marshall's AFD100 wasn't massively flattering in some build quality areas so Marshall handled it superbly and invited him on a full factory tour with a manager to show the build process and everyone go's home happy.

Marketing at it's best.

There will be, not just bad reviews, but biased reviews around and everybody is entitled to its opinion but the result of the GOOGLE search is not fear since it ends up promoting a very biased opinion. And I am wondering how this can happen in the google ranking system.

Googlebot is only interested in text, page structure and backlinks, there are 200 or so factors that make up the ranking algorithm and opinions aren't one of them.

search axe fx II review in google and voila your post is front page too, which is inadvertantly driving more traffic to the original review... you gotta be careful what you post these days if you don't want the world to see it.

Last edited:
What a douchebag!!!
There will always be someone who doesn't like your product.....and there will be 1000 that will!!!!
Don't bother worrying. he is obviously an extremely egotistical, thin-skinned, reactive baby. Look how much effort he put into this! Videos, a web site. The harder he works it, the stupider he looks. So, he won't use the Axe because wah wah wah? Prime example of 'cutting your own nose to spite your face'.

Ignoring him is the best medicine.

I dont agree, i used to follow Tony Mc Kenzy's posts and blogs for a long time, days i had a triaxis and some tubes in my house...
I think he just went into flaming the AxeFx, because of a bad consideration of his opinion on this forum, thing i can understand, as Tony is a long time musician and had a lot of great gear...
It's a sort of misunderstanding between him and Cliff for what i've read, and it's sad we cant get Tony back here, i'm sure he'd have loved the 6.0 fw...

That was a terrible extremely biased, off color review and you defend it? You want him here? Give me a break. You have a poor sense of judgemnet pal. It's our fault and FAS faults the guy is a jerk? I don't think so.

OK there is enough positive facts, reviews and feedbacks for people to end-up grasping that the AXE is great. Still, I can remember from my own experience when I was looking around on the WEB for info on a cool new gear (I am hardly doing that now), I could get skeptical about a gear if a saw a very bad review. I ended up mainly relying on AudioFanzine and Harmony Central. I just think it is more the GOOGLE search result which is a problem. There will be, not just bad reviews, but biased reviews around and everybody is entitled to its opinion but the result of the GOOGLE search is not fear since it ends up promoting a very biased opinion. And I am wondering how this can happen in the google ranking system. High traffic? Lots of external links? I never bump on that site before. Does that site has more traffic that the AXE-FX forum?

You RELIED on Harmony Central? OMFG.... Flame kings over there...

That was a terrible extremely biased, off color review and you defend it? You want him here? Give me a break. You have a poor sense of judgemnet pal. It's our fault and FAS faults the guy is a jerk? I don't think so.
I haven't read al lthe threads between Tony and Fractal, have you? Some that he quoted did appear unprofessional, even churlish on FAS's part. Maybe he made 'em up. Either way, he certainly destroys his own credibility by his silly 'racist!' namecalling and general anti-FAS jihad, but that does not mean that there might be enough blame to go around.

He's obviously a loon. But the quotes he posted from FAS were disturbing to me, in terms of tone... maybe Cliff had just had a bad day...

Stratman, you ironically sound like Tony, going off on AlGrenadine like that! Stop the personal stuff, it demeans you. I know: I've done it!

Back
Top Bottom