Axe FX II refuses to turn on....

Hey all!

So I was happily chugging away with my Axe FX II via the Blackstar Poweramp when suddenly the axe fx blanked out and refuses to turn on again, despite trying on other electrical plugs around the house.

Anyone experienced this before?

I'm thinking it's an overload to the board and the fuse just gave way, but that's just my 2 cents.

What do you guys think?

Any workaround for this or would it mean this is needed to be sent for repair at the local distributor?

Make sure the power cord is firmly seated in the Axe's back panel. And check it with a different power cord.

I have a feeling there was a surge in voltage.

Thanks Craig, i'll have a look.

Most probably, it's gonna cost me money sending it for repair here in Singapore! Not very pleased with the added cost!

@FractalAudio,

What exactly do I check on the fuse? Is there something i'm supposed to be looking for? How do I get about this issue?

Would appreciate any advise.

@paranoid,

Yep! praying hard now! :(

@FractalAudio,

What exactly do I check on the fuse? Is there something i'm supposed to be looking for? How do I get about this issue?

Would appreciate any advise.

@paranoid,

Yep! praying hard now! :(

The power supply has an on-board fuse. If you are not comfortable with electronic servicing you should refer servicing to qualified personnel. Do not open the chassis without disconnecting the power cord. FAS is not responsible for any damage or injuries sustained during servicing. Blah, blah, etc., stuff that the lawyers make me say.

If you know someone with electronic experience see if they will help. A multimeter will test a fuse. It will appear as a short. If it is open it needs to be replaced. Fuses are not expensive. Many people have this knowledge. Seek them out. I hope you get this sorted.

Could it be the flux capacitor....? In which case, you need to speak to Doc.

*only kidding* :) :)

+1 on asking someone with knowledge of fuses to have a look for you. And even bigger +1 on contacting support. If it's broke, you need to check with support as they will troubleshoot it for you.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

@Chucma,

Thanks mate!

Really hope to get some help on this.

The last resort would be to send this to repair, which will COST quite a bit!

Really bugged now.

Changing a fuse is as simple as changing a light bulb or batteries, and costs as little. Just pop out the old and pop in the new. When removing the top of the case, be careful, as there's a cable attached to it (so lift it off slowly).

@Poparad.

Thanks mate.

Would you or anyone know the fuse type used in the Axe Fx II? (2.5 slow blow?)

Really disappointed as support had no means of a workaround for this. (affects us all international axe fx owners)

It's definitely a last resort to send to the distributor here for repair.

Have just sent in the Axe FX II to the local distributor here. Keeping fingers crossed. Hopefully it's not gonna cost a lot! Awaiting assessment and troubleshooting. Geesh. Now the fear of such mishaps terrify me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all!

So I was happily chugging away with my Axe FX II via the Blackstar Poweramp when suddenly the axe fx blanked out and refuses to turn on again, despite trying on other electrical plugs around the house.

Anyone experienced this before?

I'm thinking it's an overload to the board and the fuse just gave way, but that's just my 2 cents.

What do you guys think?

Any workaround for this or would it mean this is needed to be sent for repair at the local distributor?

You my want to check how you connected the unit, and make sure there's no problem with Blackstar Power Amp. You don't want to end up with the same problem again.

Back
Top Bottom