Axe-FX II Recto Red - BOOM

Okay... I officially want one! I'd imagine this thing sounds even better in person too.
Well I'm sold... I just need to figure out how to talk my wife into letting me buy one! I'm guessing many of you have "tone deaf" wives too, right?? Not an easy sell! :) Thanks for posting the Clip Scott! I'm mostly into 90's rock (Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam), so the clip was perfect for me.

I'm not a metal guy, but love to bring the big BOOM high gain stuff out for fun.

Here's a short clip for guys that have been asking for high gain.

PRS Custom 22, Axe-FXII (Recto Red amp block, RW Recto Cab block, Reverb) cut direct via USB into Reaper than ripped down to FLAC and MP3.

The Soundcloud player for convenience:

The FLAC file for actual listening: 05 18 2011 RectoRed II .flac

Great job, Scott! I want one :)

Good job, Scott. :) Glad to hear you play a Recto sim. What do you think is the biggest difference in the AXE-I and AXE-II Recto sims? Seems like there's more low end at least.

I like the attack on this amp sim. It's a lot like a real Recto. I had trouble getting that "nasal in your face" type of Recto sound with the AXE-I and obviously the low end had to be PEQ'd anyways. I don't know if it's the mic positioning or are modelers over-scooping the mids or... anyways here's a good example of the "nasal in your face" tone out of a Recto: YouTube - ‪Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier 6L6 vs EL34 Tube Comparison‬‏

Back
Top Bottom