AXE-FX II Rack is Finished.... (I think)

Yeah, my constructive criticism would be put it in a rack drawer and have the screen flip out of it. It could be angled for easier viewing angles. And the first thing I thought about was the actual hard drive. I'd make sure I was running an SSD which is shock resistant. A standard HDD wouldn't t last long in a road case me thinks. :)

Cool idea for sure!

Yeah, my constructive criticism would be put it in a rack drawer and have the screen flip out of it. It could be angled for easier viewing angles. And the first thing I thought about was the actual hard drive. I'd make sure I was running an SSD which is shock resistant. A standard HDD wouldn't t last long in a road case me thinks. :)

Cool idea for sure!

WISH LIST. CLIFF AXF III...... a touch screen that come straight out then flips up like the car DVD's do. Same size as the 2 space AFX II chasis. ALL IN ONE WITH AE loaded in a 2U space.....SICK..............
JLP

Plus: One of the reasons I bought an AXE was the desire to go down in size and weight. Without sacrificing sound and versatility.

BUT It really looks cool.'

AAEN

+1. I stopped the weight and size inflation : now I just bring an axe fx2 and a wedge. My back thanks me at each gig :D. But I must admit it's a killer look (and a good bargain for SKB and similar^^)

+1. I stopped the weight and size inflation : now I just bring an axe fx2 and a wedge. My back thanks me at each gig :D. But I must admit it's a killer look (and a good bargain for SKB and similar^^)

+1 less is more.... Thus the wish list idea. Last Saturday at HOB at Disney four bands played. 3 guitar players brought full rigs and cabs. Me, just AFX II to FOH. Sound man said "direct" I said "yes" and that was it. Gear was piled high in the hall way. I left my 4U lockin in green room until show time...That alone is priceless. And more time for beverages....O'yeah..sounded amazing, I though only guitar of the night that cut through the thunder of bass and drums at most HOB's...
Just like Priest

It's in between 6 and 7 spaces.

Did you think about using those foldable monitor stands that are used in server control rooms in the racks ? You could then just need 1 or 2U and unfold it when needed.

Edit; hadn't real all topic and it already was suggested.

Very Cool. I might build a cheap computer using a 1U rack server case and just set the monitor on top of my rack. hmmmmm

I'm a system admin too and have tons of stuff laying around my office.

That actually looks really cool!
I have recently resized my rack making it smaller ( :D ) but I am all in favor for cool looking stuff in flight cases!

This is cool. It would be cooler if you could touch the knob you want to adjust in AE and the AXE would switch to the block edit page with the value knob set to edit that parameter. Then you could use the big dial on the axe to adjust the value instead of having to use a mouse. Seems like this would be kind of convenient. So, if you wanted to adjust treble in your amp, you'd just touch the amp block then treble knob in AE, then turn the big dial on the AXE to adjust. Shouldn't this be a wish?

This is cool. It would be cooler if you could touch the knob you want to adjust in AE and the AXE would switch to the block edit page with the value knob set to edit that parameter. Then you could use the big dial on the axe to adjust the value instead of having to use a mouse. Seems like this would be kind of convenient. So, if you wanted to adjust treble in your amp, you'd just touch the amp block then treble knob in AE, then turn the big dial on the AXE to adjust. Shouldn't this be a wish?

I like that idea too. It's nice to have bidirectional support. I wonder if they could easily at sysex to indicate the current control so that the axefx would jump to the right screen. It would aid in learning where everything is in each editor as well.

I don't care about using the front panel knob as much but would like to essentially do the same with a controller of my choice.

I really like this. I personally couldn't do this due to the size and location but this setup could work really well for standing and editing. I'd probably move the axe right below the monitor if the weight balance worked out ok. By the way, I used axe edit on a surface pro recently and it was actually really good... except the axe edit doesn't fill the screen properly, your finger often covers the values, and the screen is too small. I could totally see using a larger screen like this mounted at an angle on a pole stand above a rack or speaker.

Back
Top Bottom