Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.04 Firmware Release

Cliff, I desperately beg you for the Tri Chorus from the AXE FX III Software for us AXE FX II users. Pleeeeeeease... That Chorus sounds amazing!, You are a genius dude! It is awesome for 80s stuff, wait till Phil Collen and Vivian Campbell get a hold of an AXE FX III, Viv will probably finally get rid of his old Rack Stereo Chorus ..... LOL

Last edited:
Cliff, I desperately beg you for the Tri Chorus from the AXE FX III Software for us AXE FX II users. Pleeeeeeease... That Chorus sounds amazing!, You are a genius dude! It is awesome for 80s stuff, wait till Phil Collen and Vivian Campbell get a hold of an AXE FX III, Viv will probably finally get rid of his old Rack Stereo Chorus ..... LOL

Try this one:

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=572

TBH, I'm a little relieved at the thought of mature and stable (meaning final) firmware for the II. No more re-re-re-re-tweaking presets for my gigging rig.

This is where I'm at with the state of the AxeFX II. v9.04 sound amazing and dynamic response is fantastic. Should it come to pass that no further firmware updates will be released for the AxeFX II series products it won't have any sort of negative impact on the tone and responsiveness of these units.

New firmware can certainly be fun/exciting but it can also cause rework for users. I don't fall into this category but there are many users here for whom updates cause rework.

If I had to pick one aspect of the AxeFX II / AX8 / FX8 units that could benefit from improvement it would be pitch detection. My hope is that a future update will bring improvement to this function. If not then I'm fine with that as well.

This was my take on the Gen 1 AxeFX (Standard/Ultra) units as well. I purchased an AxeFX Ultra just two weeks before the AxeFX II was announced. The posted demo sound clips for firmware v11.0 sounded fantastic to my ears - much better than sound samples of prior firmware updates. The fact that the Ultra was a mature product appealed to me. I was planning to replace my analog gear with the Ultra and, upon hearing it in person (playing through it), that's just what I did.

I eventually upgraded to the AxeFX II but I was in no rush to do so. Demo sound clips of firmware v5.0 were, to my ears, reason enough to upgrade. This will eventually happen with the AxeFX III but I'm in no rush. I'm getting everything I need out of the II now.

Last edited:
What user cab?
Sorry I just checked my CAB for this preset and it is the Marshall 1960 4X12 LMitchell CAB, Stereo Ultra Res, with a 57 Dyn on each cab panned hard left and hard right, proximity 5.0 and Motor Drive on 7.0, Preamp "High Quality", Preamp Type "None".

I only just installed 9.04, I stayed with 9.03 because I was too lazy to tweak my presets ;/ I found that I had very little to actually tweak but the benefits in dynamics from 9.04 was worth it to me. So what I'm trying to say here is if this is the last firmware my XL+ ever receives that's okay with me, I use maybe 3 or 4 amps in the AxeFx and reverb and delay so I think I'm all set for years to come lol

Back
Top Bottom