Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.04 Firmware Release

It's boring man!
Updates come, whenever updates come, whenever upda......

Boring? why?

If you look closely, the AX8 and FX8 are 2 young products, will they be still receiving FW updates? There are no signs of an update for those products.

We will see more FW updates for the products that are not discontinued by newer ones.

If you look closely, the AX8 and FX8 are 2 young products, will they be still receiving FW updates? There are no signs of an update for those products.
You should realize, that basically those two also got updates for many years, because they are based on the AxeII.
In other words, when the II came out, it was a very unfinished product, let's say it was at 50% of what Cliff wanted to achieve with it. When the AX8 and FX8 came out, they were already at let's say 90%. So if Cliff now sees the II at 100% of what is possible with it, maybe that's true for the AX8 and FX8 aswell.
In other other words, when the AX8 and FX8 came out, you got more for your money than you got for the II when it came out.

Honestly, think about what the AX8 and FX8 deliver. Aren't you satisfied with them? Then get rid of them, I'm pretty convinced that they won't get much better. If you're not satisfied with them right now, you won't ever be.

Except if Cliff ports new versions of effects, e.g. the new pitch shifter, from the III to the II, AX8 and FX8. If that happens, I'm wrong and I'd love to be wrong here. But I don't expect it.

You should realize, that basically those two also got updates for many years, because they are based on the AxeII.
In other words, when the II came out, it was a very unfinished product, let's say it was at 50% of what Cliff wanted to achieve with it. When the AX8 and FX8 came out, they were already at let's say 90%. So if Cliff now sees the II at 100% of what is possible with it, maybe that's true for the AX8 and FX8 aswell.
In other other words, when the AX8 and FX8 came out, you got more for your money than you got for the II when it came out.

Honestly, think about what the AX8 and FX8 deliver. Aren't you satisfied with them? Then get rid of them, I'm pretty convinced that they won't get much better. If you're not satisfied with them right now, you won't ever be.

Except if Cliff ports new versions of effects, e.g. the new pitch shifter, from the III to the II, AX8 and FX8. If that happens, I'm wrong and I'd love to be wrong here. But I don't expect it.

I'm willing to bet that since the AX-8 is an ongoing product it will continue to receive updates that will also be applied to the Axe-FX II since those are on the same platform. Cliff has already stated as such, saying "Any epiphanies I have will get ported to the II and the AX-8. Obviously our focus at this time is on the III and the FC's."

Boring? why?

We will see more FW updates for the products that are not discontinued by newer ones.

It's boring, because every time a new firmware has been rolled out, people started to ask
"When do we get the next update?"!
If you have read Cliffs posting, you know, that actually all ressources are focussed on
the AxeIII.
The time will come, that we will get a new firmware for the II-series.

For that reason, it's boring to ask EVERY FRIDAY for a new firmware!
Use your Axe and play guitar!
And when a new firmware's rolled out, be happy ...

It's boring, because every time a new firmware has been rolled out, people started to ask
"When do we get the next update?"!
If you have read Cliffs posting, you know, that actually all ressources are focussed on
the AxeIII.
The time will come, that we will get a new firmware for the II-series.

For that reason, it's boring to ask EVERY FRIDAY for a new firmware!
Use your Axe and play guitar!
And when a new firmware's rolled out, be happy ...

Mmm ok, but if this is boring for you, why do you come in this thread in the first place? You already know what to expect.;)

Well there COULD be new useful informations here everytime the thread shows up in the list of updated threads ;) But 9.04 seems to be boring, because it works and sounds so well...

Mmm ok, but if this is boring for you, why do you come in this thread in the first place? You already know what to expect.;)

I don't come to the thread in the FIRST place ;-)
But if I come to it, I would like to read some things about the main theme.
Even not every posting is boring; only the ones with text like "When do we get the next firmw..." :)
But it's not a big thing; Till now, I can handle it.

BTW, when do we get the next firmware update?
Can't wait any longer ...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Have a nice weekend and stay tuned!
Mike

Last edited:
I'm okay with it if this is the last firmware. actually no. we can't end on 9.04, we need 10! not that something is missing, just change the number. 10 is like.. we made it! 9.04 is like.. yeah good luck buddy, you're on your own now.

Release notes
-final firmware
-nothing is changed
-9.04 replaced with 10
-that's it
-and a few minor changes

*instant 10 pages on the forum* A FEW MINOR CHANGES WHAT IT MAAAAEANS?

Poor team FAS.

Alas, I hear you. It is always possible. And Cliff may one day think I am at 100% of what is possible with me : 0

I am not going to disagree with your theoretical logic, but I prefer to think of the future at a bright exposure setting - to combat my creepy sense of humour of course! That way the occasional demons slipping between the wrinkled shirts in the closet there will not be able to remain long, & do silly mischief to those entering the room (mindlessly unknowingly obedient to the commands of the demons of course ), just because I fail to wear all the shirts every month.

(You think I'm kidding?)

But I do believe Cliff is the consummate innovator, seeing improvements everywhere. He just needs to manage his time appropriately to spread all those innovations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom