Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.04 Firmware Release

Anyone notice a bit of an increase in treble frequencies with this update? I'm having to bring some of the highs down just a bit. Sounding damn good though.

The treble didn't increase really but the compression curve changed which gives the impression of more treble. The bass and treble overall are less compressed which makes things more open and gives more thunk in the low end.

The treble didn't increase really but the compression curve changed which gives the impression of more treble. The bass and treble overall are less compressed which makes things more open and gives more thunk in the low end.
YES, More THUNK Indeed!! I did not do an Amp Block Reset, but did adjust the Preamp CF Hardness from 3.0 to 7.5, I had to sit in front of my 4 X 12 and switch between the two (Settings) to really notice the difference, but definitely love it.

I love this one as well - treble and high kids are the critical freqs for guitar!

Cliff - I'm surprised this wasn't Quantum 10 or at least 9.1. If this was just a minor update I can't even imagine what you have in store for a full version update!

The consensus opinion is to put all your time based stuff (delays, reverbs, anything with a time parameter) after the cab and all the other stuff (compressors, drives, etc) before the amp, and that does tend to work out the best.
Is there any special order for adding and editing amps cabs
delays and reverbs drives and compression?

Didn't know that there is a consecutive limit for posts, but I wanted to get this board buzzing
with positive answers for uses of the AXE FXll that I just bought and I did not want to be
stuck in amazement mode not knowing how to operate it.

You'll find plenty of info in the forums, but the search button at the top of the page is your friend here
All the questions you ask have been asked before

Didn't know that there is a consecutive limit for posts, but I wanted to get this board buzzing
with positive answers for uses of the AXE FXll that I just bought and I did not want to be

I suggest to open a new thread: "Newbie here, I need some help" then you can track your questions and anwers there.

Didn't know that there is a consecutive limit for posts, but I wanted to get this board buzzing with positive answers for uses of the AXE FXll that I just bought and I did not want to be

I was just joking. But it's considered "bad" forum behavior to hijack a thread with questions about other topics.
As others have suggested, just start a thread of your own and your questions most probably will be answered..

@David Weissner - i'm going to move all your questions from here into a new thread so it can be answered all in one place, and not in the middle of this other topic.

you can find it here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/new-user-many-questions.134586/

in the future, when you have questions that are radically different from the discussion in another thread, please click the "Create New Thread" button and start a new topic. thanks.

Sorry that I am miles behind in here but I got this AXE FX ll
and it did not come with a manual and no phone number to call Fractal
I don't even know what hijacking a thread means.
I now realize that I am in the quantum v9.04 forum and did not realize
that I am in the wrong part of the forum for posing these questions.
Welcome to the forums David,
We were all in the same situation, when we first got our units. There will be many questions. I suggest read the Sticky FAQs first, then use the forum search tool or browse the threads to find answers. Also go to Youtube and search for AXE FX, find your model, and you will be able to watch some good instructional videos on how to use your AXE. You will find that the support you get from Fractal and the people on this forum is incredible. You just have to take your time and read a lot. I'm 2 years into it and still dazed and confused:eek:
Regarding this thread, Thanks for the updated firmware and support.

I'm a passive pickup user that does lots of heavy palm muting. I just got a guitar with EMG's and when I palm mute it sounds konky like I'm palm muting a harmonic. Could this be a firmware issue or an active pickup issue? I've never got on with active but thought I'd give it a try.

I'm a passive pickup user that does lots of heavy palm muting. I just got a guitar with EMG's and when I palm mute it sounds konky like I'm palm muting a harmonic. Could this be a firmware issue or an active pickup issue? I've never got on with active but thought I'd give it a try.
I don't think firmware is the issue. All your presets will probably need tweaking and may sound different with active EMGs. My Son comes over with his Ibanez, loaded with EMGs and plugs into my AXE. My presets sounded so bad, we ended up making a bank for him to play with.

Back
Top Bottom