Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.03 Firmware Release

Never mind it was my anti-virus. Not sure what changed, I had to turn it off while running Axe-Change in Axe Edit. Never had to do that before

Ok so disregard my earlier post about cleans sounding crunchy/weird, I found the source of the problem. I have a battery in my guitar which I thought was just for the OBEL (on board effects loop). Battery was dead or nearly dead. Apparently, it's not just for the OBEL. I wasn't getting a full signal I guess from guitar which was making everything sound strange. I'm up and running with 9.03 and everything sounds wonderful. Thanks all for the help, I learned a lot from all the folks here and thank you Fractal for the awesome updates! Carry on.
Had the same problem on a gig 25 years ago........since that day I´v never played active Guitars.
But yes - 9.03 works absolut fine, the sounds cut very well in the bandsound without any harshness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done the upgrade. And I've tested it with my favourite preset with Cornford 50. First impression - boy this doesn't sound any better at all, too much middle frequencies. After some playing around and tweaking, the overall result wasn't that satisfying.

Today I have reset the amp block. Just a few knobs here and there and it sounded already in the ballpark but not tight enough. The next move I did was to switch the bright knob on, turned the cap. a little bit down, so that it wasn't too harsh but enough to shine through. This also solved somehow all the the low end at the same time. And there it was, a quick click on the "save" knob, then I played a long session. Punchy, organic, roarrr, sizzle...it's all there. Then I've reset the Brit 800 #34 and again, so simple, was rockin' in two minutes.

This is a great update. It's probably worth of reseting the amps cause it's more simple to dial in a good tone only with basic knobs.

Back
Top Bottom