Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.03 Firmware Release

Oh I see.... still learning OBVIOUSLY... lol thanks.

Since the XL and and XL+ users get these cab as factory cabs, they are free to Mark I users to load and use too. Good question though, a lot of folks forget about these cabs and there are some good one's. I believe one of Tom's Mix IR's is among them. That is a great IR.

Nothing says gratitude like telling the programmer you take his updates for granted and don't trust his improvements.
Firmware updates have been known to have problems... It's not a matter of gratitude.

Some folks are pragmatic and others aren't.

If you are happy with what you've got and the bug fixes don't affect you, why rush?

Personally, I'll load it soon because that works for me... But I don't judge others for taking their own time.

Where we with the tones on metal and high gain as alot of us stayed on 8.02 because of the change, has 9.03 brought the METAL back?

Thinking about making the update from 8.02 to the new 9.03!
But it's a pretty big firmware jump...

Help me out Fractalites...should I expect my normal patch to sound off/wrong, and if so, should I start from scratch or is there a quick fix?

Or...will I be fine without any concern?
I mainly use the Mark IV model.

Thinking about making the update from 8.02 to the new 9.03!
But it's a pretty big firmware jump...

Help me out Fractalites...should I expect my normal patch to sound off/wrong, and if so, should I start from scratch or is there a quick fix?

Or...will I be fine without any concern?
I mainly use the Mark IV model.

Mine didn't sound off or wrong when I updated, but I did notice that there is a bit more top end sizzle. I like it, enough not to change anything on my presets. I use the Brit800, Mark II C++, USA Clean mainly.

Nothing says gratitude like telling the programmer you take his updates for granted and don't trust his improvements.

Wtf? I’m one of those people that typically waits a bit. On more than one occasion a bug/small issue of some kind has been noticed in the first few days of a new firmware. These issues are always taken care of quickly and effectively, but waiting has nothing to do with a lack of trust. It is just letting the dust settle and seeing if anything arises that Fractal decides to address or improve. Sometimes firmware x.3 comes out, and two days later we get an x.4 that makes a small tweak to something. Personally, I’d rather wait a few days and just go straight to x.4.

Wtf? I’m one of those people that typically waits a bit. On more than one occasion a bug/small issue of some kind has been noticed in the first few days of a new firmware. These issues are always taken care of quickly and effectively, but waiting has nothing to do with a lack of trust. It is just letting the dust settle and seeing if anything arises that Fractal decides to address or improve. Sometimes firmware x.3 comes out, and two days later we get an x.4 that makes a small tweak to something. Personally, I’d rather wait a few days and just go straight to x.4.

If programmers, any programmers got it dead-on nuts the first time we wouldn't need the two digits right of the decimal. Like I always say, Never trust Management, and never trust a programmer's first few tries .....

Thank you Cliff and the FAS team for creating , and continually improving probably the best investment I have ever made in my musical life . Been a happy customer since purchasing my Standard many years ago . Thanks for the continued support of my MKII .

BS. I always wait in case of a new bug. It happens. I make my living by gigging three nights a week. If something goes wrong that leaves 300 people waiting, with the General Manager glaring at me with his arms crossed, then I (and the rest of the band) have a serious problem that could affect our ability to pay our mortgage and feed our kids.

If a bug does exist, it will be quickly found and fixed. If I only relied on the Axe for hobby, then I'd upgrade immediately. You are making assumptions about this user that are baseless.

I'll give it my usual couple of weeks before updating. Just enjoying what I've got already at the moment. I'll certainly keep an eye on this thread though.

Just to clarify, EricP1954 has totally misinterpreted what i was trying to say. Apologies for any confusion.

If there´s no gig to play, it´s very extiting to be a part of the journey to the next level/Firmware, even the next day there´s another step.
Sometimes a Beta sounded better than the official Firmware.

Back
Top Bottom