Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.02 Firmware Release

I installed the new bot first then updated from 9.01 to 9.02 then started having timeout issues. I don't use USB for audio.

previous FW I ended up rollin back to 8.02. updated last night to 9.02 and everything sounding great again. Love this black box. Thanks Cliff & Co!

Are you actively using Axe-Edit while audio is streaming through the Axe-Fx via USB?. I can use one or the other without issue. It's when doing both at the same time that causes issues for me. Like tweaking parameters while listening to a reference or backing track. Or while 'Tone Matching' via USB audio.
Yup. Re-amping, tone matching, jamming with backing tracks, streaming youtube through chrome. All while actively tweaking with axe edit.

Also I should mention everything is on connected and running since last Friday night so that's nearly 96 hours I've not powered down. In my home studio it's common that I leave stuff on for weeks at a time lol...

This is the first time that I can't decide which amp to use for my main high gain. So good I can't choose!

yay_glitchthegame_spinning_wheel.gif

This is the first time that I can't decide which amp to use for my main high gain. So good I can't choose!
High gain is not my thing really, but I accidentally happened to find myself on the friedman hbe factory preset, and it kicks some serious arse!

Last edited:
I'm still on 9.02 beta and after hearing about all the timeouts I'm scared to update. Has there been any response from fractal?

The marshals sound amazing so I'm not in a huge hurry but would like to update at some point.

On another note, if you haven't tried to tx star clean channel you are missing out.

I know it sounds like voodoo nonsense and I also don't see any logic in it, but well, all I can say is that this is exactly what happened here. With Fractal Bot 2.8.3 installed I had tons of time out problems, after installing Fractal Bot 2.8.4 all my problems were gone again. Before I have been on Fractal Bot 2.8.2 and never had any issues. And just to make this clear, the only thing that changed was Fractal Bot, no other drivers changed, no windows updates, nothing. And the weirdest part is that I didn't even use Fractal Bot 2.8.3 to install the latest firmware, I did that with the previous version of the bot, so version 2.8.3 has only been installed, but never been used at all, not even once.

Again, I know it sounds crazy and I don't see why things happened this way, but after installing that one version of the bot my problems started, and after upgrading to the latest version they were immediately gone again.
And my scratchpad error was the result of using cab scratchpads and combined preset/cabs, not necessarily directly caused by Fractalbot, although it crashed it - maybe what caused it is the ambiguous scratchpad memory - (at the time I had copied data out of a scratchpad location all those locations should have been blank and I'm not sure if Fractalbot ordinarily copies whatever is in those memory locations, or what the behavior is - I don't think I ever individually saved my cabs, at least not in years - so I don't even know if more than 100 cabs showed as copying in the transfer progress indication text before.) at least the error was a break/crash with user cab 101.... So I dunno, its confusing.

No timeout issues here. I’m running a Mac with Sierra and have concurrently used Presonus Universal Control with a Sudiolive as a FireWire interface, Studio One, Amazing Slowdowner and AxeEdit without an issue. Well worth the update for the Vox styled amps alone.

FWIW, my single timeout of yesterday has not reoccurred and the unit has been on consistently and used sporadically for 24 hours or so...and of course things are sounding amazing, this FW absolutely brings more distinction to different IRs and guitars. My guess is some of our timeouts have to do with how one uses the various Edit/Bot programs , perhaps a slower, more measured pace , including frequent saves, may possibly help the hectic MIDI communications that seem to cause them, but what do I know..

I'm using Windows 7 with a Focusrite (no MFC) and rarely have timeouts. It happens from time to time, but it's so infrequent that it's not an impediment.

Last time I had time outs was back in Q2.01 ... flawless since. Been on 9 ( .01 and .02) since it came out, and left Axe on for days without hiccup. Sounds great.

Also running new FractalBot and AxeEdit on Win10. MSFT surface 4.

Been playing w tonestacks topologies (re: 2112 and Dr Bonkers) ... pretty cool.

Since 9.02:
- no timeouts (at least until now)
- i completed a whole recording

Since 9:
- speaker comp. is on 5, the dc30, shirley, 5153 and citrus bass amps are amazing!
- low end seems to be more under control w. Guitar amps

Can you point me in the right direction regarding the :

tonestacks topologies (re: 2112 and Dr Bonkers) ... pretty cool.

Can you point me in the right direction regarding the :

tonestacks topologies (re: 2112 and Dr Bonkers) ... pretty cool.
....Northwest of Pegasus?

(Dunno. Dr. Bonkers has some pretty cool IR's. But I could not find a reference connecting tonestack topologies and Fractal).

Back
Top Bottom