Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.02 Firmware Release

I know it’s only a matter of time untill the FAS team gets this bug fixed. In the meantime I’m rolling back to 8.02 for a gig.

Are the Matchless and Morgan affected too?

As stated in the release notes, it's just the "Class-A" amp models, meaning the "Class-A 15w" and "Class-A 30w" models.

A quick check of the Morgan (AC-20) and Matchless (Matchbox) models showed that reselecting the amp type (soft reset) does not change advanced parameter defaults. So no need to do that.

Last edited:
How can this thing get any better? Somehow it does. Cliff, you are an amazing individual!

Brilliantly mad! I didn't even know the difference between the amplifier classes before this thread!

Last edited:
Apologies if this comes across as somewhat "dumb" ..... reading the Release Note, I took that as meaning that some of the actual default values were not default-set to their optimal / correct values for those particular amps (?) ...... as opposed to underlying algorithmn in-corrections (?)

Am I right on this ?

Reason I ask is that if its the former, I tend to mess with these values anyway - so probably will leave it ...... however if its the later, I'll do a full amp-block reset and re-tweak from there.

Thanks,
Ben

Apologies if this comes across as somewhat "dumb" ..... reading the Release Note, I took that as meaning that some of the actual default values were not default-set to their optimal / correct values for those particular amps (?) ...... as opposed to underlying algorithmn in-corrections (?)

Am I right on this ?

Reason I ask is that if its the former, I tend to mess with these values anyway - so probably will leave it ...... however if its the later, I'll do a full amp-block reset and re-tweak from there.

Thanks,
Ben
New algorithms always take effect immediately when you load new firmware, whether you reset the amp block or not.

Awesome, thanks FAS!

Any news on the Sunn T model coming to the AFX2? Been hoping it was going to pop up in one of these latest releases. Or am i remembering things wrong? Anyway, looking forward to try 9.02, i finally have a quite weekend where i can upgrade from 8.02!

Looking forward to finally getting 9.x loaded on my XL+. I've been running 8.x and holding off on the upgrade due to the gig schedule. But after tonight's show, I have a few weeks until the next gig to get all my presets re-tweaked or rebuilt from the ground up. Thanks for all you do to keep improving this magic black box, Cliff!

I waited to load 9.2 from 8.2, as it seemed like there were issues. I could not wait any longer and updated fractal bot and went for it. I have Atomic CLRs and it was the best they ever sounded! I updated axe edit, put speaker comp. on 1.0-2.0, on a bunch of my old presets, by Fremen and others, as well as, a bunch of fractal presets. I immediately noticed they sounded more amp like, and less ice-picky to my ears. I had no issues at all. No time outs or any other problems. I use Windows 10 and Reaper on a cheap laptop. If you have been holding out, your missing out, at least with monitors. I can't speak to real cabs, as I don't go that route. I played all morning with the inspiring new sound. The evolution of the axe is interesting. Nice improvement Cliff.

Back
Top Bottom