Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.02 Firmware Release

Well. 9.02 screwed all my MFC101 settings, so thats interesting to say the least, it no longer switches the effects on or off, time to dig the manual out again

After update, i now have random crashes, which starts with axe edit not responding and the Quantum logo label coming up on the axe fx 2 XL+ units green screen and just sitting there not responding. Also My PC also now has sound issues since updating? Could this all simply be related to the Axe FX drivers as was suggested by someone? They are very old now. Every time i turn on the axe FX 2 XL+ my PC cannot use the PC monitor speakers any more at all - never. I have to restart the PC after every single time i use the Axe FX unit, as something goes badly wrong with the sound drivers in the PC. Never use to do this at all until after re-installation of the Axe fx drivers after i purchased a new Axe FX 2 XL+ unit. I'm at a total loss as to what to do.
Contact support. This is not a support thread.

I've been updating my Axe-FX II Mk.2 with the MFC-101 plugged in via CAT-5 since 2012 and I've never had a problem.
Same here, although only since the last few firmware updates. I haven't had an issue.

Although the reports on here have me a little worried now - I might take to unplugging the MFC just in case.

I've been updating my Axe-FX II Mk.2 with the MFC-101 plugged in via CAT-5 since 2012 and I've never had a problem.

Same here, although only since the last few firmware updates. I haven't had an issue.

Although the reports on here have me a little worried now - I might take to unplugging the MFC just in case.

Just because you have doesn't mean you should... ;)

I also used to leave mine plugged in until I read posts from Fractal staff here saying that you should not leave it plugged in. Since then, I always disconnect the FASLink from the Axe Fx, power on and update. When I power off after the update, I will connect it and then power on... Because you are also not supposed to connect or disconnect the MFC to FASLink or EtherCon while it is powered on.

I've been doing it for half a decade and not a single problem

I also used to leave mine plugged in until I read posts from Fractal staff here saying that you should not leave it plugged in.

Show me the post.

Since then, I always disconnect the FASLink from the Axe Fx, power on and update. When I power off after the update, I will connect it and then power on... Because you are also not supposed to connect or disconnect the MFC to FASLink or EtherCon while it is powered on.

I think you've over-interpreted something somewhere along the way.

I also used to leave mine plugged in until I read posts from Fractal staff here saying that you should not leave it plugged in. Since then, I always disconnect the FASLink from the Axe Fx, power on and update. When I power off after the update, I will connect it and then power on... Because you are also not supposed to connect or disconnect the MFC to FASLink or EtherCon while it is powered on.

I've been doing both wrong (updating when plugged in and occasionally connecting the FASLink cable when the AFX is powered on). I'll definitely be changing my ways after reading this thread.

Hmmm... Well, how about YOUR post that refers to the firmware update instructions that state exactly that?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...mfc-pedals-during-firmware.81398/#post-989154

Yes and in that post I had no problems before and, while appreciative of Chris' explanation, in the intervening nearly three years I've still never had an issue. I'm not disputing the advice given by Fractal or anyone else.

I'm simply stating that in the time that I have had my Axe-FX II (5 years) hooked up via CAT5 to my MFC-101, I have never had an issue such as described (knock wood) and I have never skipped an update, beta or otherwise.

Yes and in that post I had no problems before and, while appreciative of Chris' explanation, in the intervening nearly three years I've still never had an issue.
And as I said, just because you have done so doesn't mean you should.

Look, I really could care less about your personal choices. Do whatever you want.

But the advice from Fractal is to disconnect... And I choose to take the advise of product engineering over yours.

I'm done with this conversation. We obviously don't agree... Let's leave it at that.

And as I said, just because you have done so doesn't mean you should.

Look, I really could care less about your personal choices. Do whatever you want.

But the advice from Fractal is to disconnect... And I choose to take the advise of product engineering over yours.

I'm done with this conversation. We obviously don't agree... Let's leave it at that.
Thanks for your permission to go about my business.

Back
Top Bottom