Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.02 Firmware Release

I just notice that the Jazz 120 defaults to master volume at 3.00 on this version. Isn't it supposed to default to 10 as it a non-MV amp, or did I miss something?

Jazz 120 has always defaulted to 3 for MV to my memory… just turn it up to 10, that’s what I do at least ;)

I've learned from wise men that every painter have to know when to stop doing his picture, because after a given moment his work will have an opposite effect to already almost perfect quality. I mean, Axe Fx firmware is enough good to make any additional improvements .Sorry, if you think I'm a wrong, but everybody have to know when to stop to do improvements to his masterpiece.

I've learned from wise men that every painter have to know when to stop doing his picture, because after a given moment his work will have an opposite effect to already almost perfect quality. I mean, Axe Fx firmware is enough good to make any additional improvements .Sorry, if you think I'm a wrong, but everybody have to know when to stop to do improvements to his masterpiece.
Interesting thought, but art can't really be compared to science and engineering in that particular way, IMO.

Interesting thought, but art can't really be compared to science and engineering in that particular way, IMO.

Yep, I agree. You can't roll back a painting (at least not easily), but firmware however...

On a semi-related note, here's one piece of art they should have left alone:

513259474_13195159_wide-360d295b5726058b589b84b5d341f077b1cde4a7.jpg

Got some killer sounds tonight on three amps I normally don't use. Did a little deep editing and got to what my ears wanted to hear. My main amp is the Angle 1 and it's hard to beat but tonight it was the Fryette, Uberschall and Thordendal modern.

Thought this problem has come to its end.......

No problem here with Studio One 2, Mediaplayer and Edit at the same time. Edit has to to do his job - or I don´t want it and work with the Frontpanel.
Unfortunately the problem did not come to an end, it actually started for me only now. Axe FX II XL here, Windows 10, latest Firmware, latest driver, latest Axe Edit. I NEVER had any timeout problems with Axe Edit so far, but now they started here as well. I can use Axe Edit for some minutes, but at some point there will be the time out, Axe Edit doesn't do aynthing anymore and also my Axe FX is not giving out any signal anymore. The input lights on my Axe FX still light up when I play something, so my guitars signal is still getting into the Axe Fx, but I can't hear anything anymore. No sound is coming through my speakers and there is also no signal sent through USB into my DAW anymore, the Axe FX just goes completely silent. To fix this I have to reboot the Axe FX and Axe Edit, then it works again for some minutes before the same problems shows up again. If I am not running Axe Edit I can play as long as I want to without any problems at all. But now comes the interesting part, the problem started for me when I updated Fractal Bot to the previous version, Version 2.8.3, before that everything was working just fine. And now I just updated Fractal Bot to the latest version (2.8.4) and so far things seem to be stable again, I am playing with Axe Edit open for 30 minutes now, no time outs, no problems. So the big question: Can this time out thing in Axe Edit be somehow related to Fractal Bot? Even without Fractal Bot being open? No idea if this makes any sense, but at least updating the bot to the latest version seems to be fixing things for me in the moment...

Last edited:
I also have the timeout errors since installing the latest firmware and fractal bot. It only seems to happen when I switch patches from axe-edit. I am sure it will get fixed soon.

With that logic you should stop playing guitar because you'll never get any better, you'll just get worse.

I was all ready to install 9.02 but then I start reading the thread and several people are experiencing the timeout error issue. I think I’ll wait a bit.

confirmed here as well, Axe FX II Mk 1 FW 9.02, Win 10 / 64 bit Home, in combination with using Axe-FX as ASIO audio device in Reaper. I had time out issues since 8.02, but with 9.02 it appears to be worse.

No issues here. Win 7 64laptop win 10 64 pc. Using Ableton 9 DAW, Behringer X32, axe Fx II (mkII and mfc mkii), a USB 3.0 5TB hdd and a 512gb USB flash drive on a 4 port USB 3.0 hub. Using four 15 foot usb cables. Everything running in at once. Midi, audio, web browsers, DAW, etc.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the problem did not come to an end, it actually started for me only now. Axe FX II XL here, Windows 10, latest Firmware, latest driver, latest Axe Edit. I NEVER had any timeout problems with Axe Edit so far, but now they started here as well. I can use Axe Edit for some minutes, but at some point there will be the time out, Axe Edit doesn't do aynthing anymore and also my Axe FX is not giving out any signal anymore. The input lights on my Axe FX still light up when I play something, so my guitars signal is still getting into the Axe Fx, but I can't hear anything anymore. No sound is coming through my speakers and there is also no signal sent through USB into my DAW anymore, the Axe FX just goes completely silent. To fix this I have to reboot the Axe FX and Axe Edit, then it works again for some minutes before the same problems shows up again. If I am not running Axe Edit I can play as long as I want to without any problems at all. But now comes the interesting part, the problem started for me when I updated Fractal Bot to the previous version, Version 2.8.3, before that everything was working just fine. And now I just updated Fractal Bot to the latest version (2.8.4) and so far things seem to be stable again, I am playing with Axe Edit open for 30 minutes now, no time outs, no problems. So the big question: Can this time out thing in Axe Edit be somehow related to Fractal Bot? Even without Fractal Bot being open? No idea if this makes any sense, but at least updating the bot to the latest version seems to be fixing things for me in the moment...
That sounds virtually impossible. Except it does put my attention back to my issue with Fractalbot and the uncertainty about the scratchpad memories. Is it possible that something in the Axe FX is becoming ambiguous at some point (a scratchpad could do that if Axe Edit and/or Fractalbot listen and expect data but do not receive an expected comm handshake. - nah, the issue with scratchpads was not present when this timeout stuff was first reported I think). Has anyone :moviecamera: the issue?

No issues here. Win 7 64laptop win 10 64 pc. Using Ableton 9 DAW, Behringer X32, axe Fx II (mkII and mfc mkii), a USB 3.0 5TB hdd and a 512gb USB flash drive on a 4 port USB 3.0 hub. Using four 15 foot usb cables. Everything running in at once. Midi, audio, web browsers, DAW, etc.
Are you actively using Axe-Edit while audio is streaming through the Axe-Fx via USB?. I can use one or the other without issue. It's when doing both at the same time that causes issues for me. Like tweaking parameters while listening to a reference or backing track. Or while 'Tone Matching' via USB audio.

That sounds virtually impossible. Except it does put my attention back to my issue with Fractalbot and the uncertainty about the scratchpad memories. Is it possible that something in the Axe FX is becoming ambiguous at some point (a scratchpad could do that if Axe Edit and/or Fractalbot listen and expect data but do not receive an expected comm handshake. - nah, the issue with scratchpads was not present when this timeout stuff was first reported I think). Has anyone :moviecamera: the issue?

I know it sounds like voodoo nonsense and I also don't see any logic in it, but well, all I can say is that this is exactly what happened here. With Fractal Bot 2.8.3 installed I had tons of time out problems, after installing Fractal Bot 2.8.4 all my problems were gone again. Before I have been on Fractal Bot 2.8.2 and never had any issues. And just to make this clear, the only thing that changed was Fractal Bot, no other drivers changed, no windows updates, nothing. And the weirdest part is that I didn't even use Fractal Bot 2.8.3 to install the latest firmware, I did that with the previous version of the bot, so version 2.8.3 has only been installed, but never been used at all, not even once.

Again, I know it sounds crazy and I don't see why things happened this way, but after installing that one version of the bot my problems started, and after upgrading to the latest version they were immediately gone again.

Back
Top Bottom