Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.01 Firmware Release

As I read it, the comment about posting presets wasn’t targeted at that specific post, but rather at posts like that in general.

I can see that. I was following along with the AC15 issue, and it seemed to be part of that.

The AC-30 models have the Transformer Drive too high by default. Turn it down to reduce the flubbiness. This will be corrected on the next release.

That's great news! What would the appropriate / accurate value be?

And while you're at it, could you double check the harmonics value? It defaults to 0.76, which sounds good at bedroom volume, but when cranked a lower value sounds more authentic (on an A/B comparison with an ac30hw2x)

Last edited:
Brianv4 was actually asking about an issue he was having with the AC-15, I mentioned the AC-30 (for bass actually, I like the AC-15 through a 2-12 a touch more on guitar), but guessing it's the same issue...easy enough fix, suggested setting, or just use your ears?

Thanks for the quick response and for continuing to improve on something already undeniably great, I buy so much less new gear since getting the Axe, the new features in the updates take care of GAS, still feels like cheating my way to awesome tone sometimes, but that's far from a bad thing!

Yes, actually I had just used Cooper's tutorial in which he dials in the AC15. I wonder if that's an issue with it as well, and if my ears are any indication, it is, although still an interesting sound (Meanwhile I put on a new set of D'Addarios and something was very wrong - I actually through out the brand new low E. But when I put a 2nd, identical string out this fixed it - so I know (as much as any one can i guess) that the string was somehow defective. First defective string I ever noticed - with the exception of some "hand woven" strings - that ship from the East Coast to the West Coast and seem to have occasionally issues resulting from the ride out here. )

Thanks for the advice @FractalAudio. And yes I was talking about my AC-15 AND AC-30 presets. I sighted the AC-15 factory preset as an example everyone could try as it was pretty extreme.

I just had my first time out with my Axe XL +:( this happened on the new 9.01 FW. I was only playing for about 45 min. The axe screen was stuck on the quantum page and the MFC said axe timed out on it. I thaught I lost my Axe for a second. Scary let me tell you!!

The thought of this happening at a gig is absolutely horrifying.!

Not saying it has anything to do with the new FW I just never had any issues at all before the update. I love the updates so keep them coming!

Nothing has changed with my gear at all. In fact this Axe always stays in the studio.
MacBook Pro
Monster usb
Asterope cables

I’m not putting this on here to bitch.
Just providing my experience for further improvements.

Thanks FAS team for always keeping us ahead of the game!!

Last edited:
That's great news! What would the appropriate / accurate value be?

And while you're at it, could you double check the harmonics value? It defaults to 0.76, which sounds good at bedroom volume, but when cranked a lower value sounds more authentic (on an A/B comparison with an ac30hw2x)

I looked into this and you are correct. I used a 12AX7A when calculating the Harmonics value instead of an ECC83. The correct value is 0.51.

Back
Top Bottom