Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.01 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, for the noob question, but after reading over things I am somewhat hesitant to upgrade as it sounds like if I do, I would no longer be able to run direct to FOH and to my cabinet on stage for monitor and at practice without having to setup 2 separate amp blocks? This would defeat a primary part of why I got an AxeFx, (however I still haven't gotten around to trying this yet, just got a good tone dialed in for myself the day before the v.9 launched), the ability to run both myself and the other guitarist in my band through a single Axe fx in a pinch situation. How would I be able to do this with the new setup if it requires 2 amps just to send my signal to both now?
There's no difference in doing this between Q9 and previous firmwares, there was motor drive in place of speaker comp that wasn't indicated for that setup neither. The solution is to just find a good compromise between the direct to FOH sound and the real cab sound, for example by turning speaker comp to 0 and using motor drive in the cab block instead. Or by finding a mild speaker comp setting that works for both.

Sorry, for the noob question, but after reading over things I am somewhat hesitant to upgrade as it sounds like if I do, I would no longer be able to run direct to FOH and to my cabinet on stage for monitor and at practice without having to setup 2 separate amp blocks? This would defeat a primary part of why I got an AxeFx, (however I still haven't gotten around to trying this yet, just got a good tone dialed in for myself the day before the v.9 launched), the ability to run both myself and the other guitarist in my band through a single Axe fx in a pinch situation. How would I be able to do this with the new setup if it requires 2 amps just to send my signal to both now?
You totally still can, there is 3 options. 1. You can turn speaker comp to 0 in the amp block and turn up motor drive in the cab block. 2. You can just use speaker comp on and it will still sound fine thru your cab, it just compressed earlier then a real speaker which I actually think sounds great. 3. You can put both to 0 and use the axe fx the way we all did for the last 10 years before anyone here ever talked about speaker compression. We didn’t miss it before, were just getting spoiled now lol.

For some reason, this beta doesn't want to work with my volume pedal ..
axe fx II mark II , mfc 101 , mission pedal sp1 (extern 1)
always worked prefectly, right up until right now when installing 9.01 beta ..I can see on the unit that it has signal, but when looking in axe edit the volume know stays at zero even though I move the pedal up and down the value show 10 but the knob is at zero

If I go into the modifier page and change the Min value the volume comes back
so if I set the min volume to 10 it has the normal volume .
All this is in axe edit latest version and beta 9.01

Comparing Q9.01 beta side-by-side with Q9 release (factory Plexi 50W Treble preset, SPKR COMP at 4.00):

There is an immediately-noticeable increase in clarity and string separation, even at bedroom levels. Cranked up...oh, my! It feels so squeezy and good (no, that's not what she said :)).

Time to load up Q9.01 beta on the other box, and end this mad comparison.

My monitor is at the venue but I cranked 9.01 thru my headphones and first impression is the spkr comp feels chewy. I like it! Question, how do you guys feel the time constant affects the sound/feel? I know it's doing something but having a hard time putting my finger on what.

always worked prefectly, right up until right now when installing 9.01 beta ..I can see on the unit that it has signal, but when looking in axe edit the volume know stays at zero even though I move the pedal up and down the value show 10 but the knob is at zero

If I go into the modifier page and change the Min value the volume comes back
so if I set the min volume to 10 it has the normal volume .
All this is in axe edit latest version and beta 9.01
No issue here with an expression pedal tied through a different MIDI-connected foot controller. Can't test with the MFC.

always worked prefectly, right up until right now when installing 9.01 beta

Seems like this has happened to me before. If I recall, all I had to do was choose a different controller (ext3 for ex) and then go back to the correct controller (ext1 in your case).

A great improvment again!
Like Cliff said the Plexis - for me the 1959 Treble sounds so good. I don´t like the sound with Speakcom on 0, sounds harsh to me.

Finally with low gain (3) there´s enough punch to have endless fun with ACDC Riffs. Also with more gain it´s easy to play an Angus-Tone without a drivepedal.

But I had to reset the amps - x/y comparison made it audible? Am I right?

But - using motordrive in the cabblock does not the same - turning it up makes volume louder, increasing speakcomp makes less volume?!

Damn!
Enjoying 9 so much. SO MUCH.
I did notice the SV Bass amp I was using today had a different value set on speaker compression and when I turned it ALL the way up only got about 1-2db. is that normal? (it was a completely new patch i was making)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom