Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Firmware Release

I have a question: i´ve noticed that when you reset the amp block the default value for the "Speaker Drive" is 0 (as it should be), but the "Speaker Comp" value is set to 3. So this is its default value and not 0, right?

I have a question: i´ve noticed that when you reset the amp block the default value for the "Speaker Drive" is 0 (as it should be), but the "Speaker Comp" value is set to 3. So this is its default value and not 0, right?
Release Notes:
Removed the “Motor Drive” and “Transformer Grind” algorithms and associated parameters from the Amp block. These have been replaced by the new “Speaker Compression” algorithm. This algorithm models the interaction of the power amp with the power compression of the virtual speaker. The “Spkr Comp” parameter controls the amount of virtual speaker compression. This value defaults to 3.0 when the Amp block is reset.

Thanks Hubertus. ;)

(Well, that´s what i deserve for doing the wrong questions).

What i really want to know is: what means to have the value 3 in "Speaker Compression"? Does it mean that it´s the same than when we had the “Motor Drive” and “Transformer Grind” algorithms set to 0? (for example)

I´m really confused with the aplication of this new stuff. XD

Thanks Hubertus. ;)

(Well, that´s what i deserve for doing the wrong questions).

What i really want to know is: what means to have the value 3 in "Speaker Compression"? Does it mean that it´s the same than when we had the “Motor Drive” and “Transformer Grind” algorithms set to 0? (for example)

I´m really confused with the aplication of this new stuff. XD

The Speaker Comp has no effect when set to zero
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-firmware-release.131649/page-18#post-1560328

Back
Top Bottom