Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Firmware Release

When firing up Q9 I immediately realised that the speaker‘s impedance curve did not correspond to its compression. I wonder why you guys didn’t realise that since it‘s quite obvious and instantaneously hearable.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
So why did you wait to mention it after Cliffs statement Lol :D

The changes sound great. Very natural and open. Going to try to get a beta out this morning.

OK, now that's just mean. Have a gig at 7 tonight, gear is packed and ready to go, and you put this out there. *sigh*. Unpacking gear and running a backup. I know if you say it sounds great I can't wait.

Cliff you are amazing. Thank you for the best tool I have ever owned.

So I have NEVER said this, but I'd like my old tone back. The magic is gone in 9.0. I mean my tone was PERFECT, and was never afraid to update as it only gets better and better. But not this time for me.

Does anyone have 8.02 I can download, and then some instruction on how to downgrade? Sorry Cliff, I love you w all my heart, but I just played the biggest show of my life and my tone dominated the event. At a loss........

Last edited:
Damn, the Marshalls sound like the "Back in Black" album now... Most fun I've had playing in a while.

Ahhhh this is music to my ears...I love the open, punchy crunch of a cranky Marshall that's breaking a sweat. Look forward to the results of your latest epiphany....lets rawk!!

Damn, the Marshalls sound like the "Back in Black" album now... Most fun I've had playing in a while.

Can't wait! Have you checked the ac30tb with the new improvements yet?? the "tighter bass / clearer top" description of your earlier post sounds like gold!

The changes sound great. Very natural and open. Going to try to get a beta out this morning.

I am curious to see how this effects the low end chug. That low end dynamic thump seems to be the one thing that is so hard to replicate. That feel of the low end jumping out at you, like on Metallica's Masters of Puppets, or on a Recto sound.

I am curious to see how this effects the low end chug. That low end dynamic thump seems to be the one thing that is so hard to replicate. That feel of the low end jumping out at you, like on Metallica's Masters of Puppets, or on a Recto sound.
Exactly, like this too:

or like this:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom