Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Firmware Release

I must admit that I'm still not sure how the new speaker comp should set when using a SS power amp and traditional guitar cab. I get that if you use a tube guitar power amp and traditional cab you should probably not use it for realistic results, but what about the first scenario?

I'd like to think that when speaker modelling is off, that parameter has no effect

I'd like to think that when speaker modelling is off, that parameter has no effect

Exactly, when not using Cab modeling, you probably don’t want virtual speaker compression either (nor Speaker Drive).

Ready for Quantum 9.00!

To be sure its a clean system I did the following:

- clean windows installation
- downloaded latest software from fractal
- scratch usb bootloader driver
- fractalbot & q9.00
- latest axe edit
- new usb cable

Any recommendations for system reset or other stuff before i start playing? As I want to be sure that i did everything right to avoid usb/axe edit hangings/time out issues.

Please advice....

Ready for Quantum 9.00!

To be sure its a clean system I did the following:

- clean windows installation
- downloaded latest software from fractal
- scratch usb bootloader driver
- fractalbot & q9.00
- latest axe edit
- new usb cable

Any recommendations for system reset or other stuff before i start playing? As I want to be sure that i did everything right to avoid usb/axe edit hangings/time out issues.

Please advice....

See if your motherboard has a BIOS update as well.

That parameter is in the Amp block, not the Cab block. It still has an effect until you turn it to zero.

Last edited:
That parameter is in the Amp block, not the Cab block. It still had an effect until you turn it to zero.

ah.. in that case I'll have to be mindful not to fiddle with it in my live presets and leave it zero'd
thanks for the heads up

Sooooooooooo...whyyyyyyyy would one not see the Blackglass Drive?

Just flashed Q9...Bit Crusher? Check. Blues OD? Check. Blackglass B7K? Nowhere to be found...

Am I doing something wrong, here?

I even re-strung my bass for this momentous occasion!!! lol

Sooooooooooo...whyyyyyyyy would one not see the Blackglass Drive?

Just flashed Q9...Bit Crusher? Check. Blues OD? Check. Blackglass B7K? Nowhere to be found...

Am I doing something wrong, here?

I even re-strung my bass for this momentous occasion!!! lol
Wrong answer deleted. :)

Last edited:
hey guys,

I do not know whether this was always a standard behaviour, but I feel like the model class A-30 Brt is really quiet now, like not enough volume. Was that always like that?
Same here - but the Vox -and AC 20 amps have been always quieter than the others on default. Would be nice to have all amps on the same volumelevel on default settings.Using the VU-Meter helps to compare.

I must admit that I'm still not sure how the new speaker comp should set when using a SS power amp and traditional guitar cab. I get that if you use a tube guitar power amp and traditional cab you should probably not use it for realistic results, but what about the first scenario?

I'm not going to use it. There's nothing wrong if you do, but I don't like the effect when using with a real cab. Your speakers in your cab compress naturally and realistically no matter the amp used.

Came back to this thread because I had the idea to add a global setting that turns off the spkr comp or whatever the setting is named. Would be way less of a hassle to anyone using a real cab and going through switching amps

I had the idea to add a global setting that turns off the spkr comp or whatever the setting is named. Would be way less of a hassle to anyone using a real cab and going through switching amps

it could be tied to global cab modelling. so when you turn that off, speaker comp turns off as well

Back
Top Bottom