Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Firmware Release

The B7K model sounds great! It's odd though, in order to match the model with everything at noon I have to set up my pedal like this with the attack switch on attack 2 (which is more compressed and trebly than 1) when A/Bing. I tried following instructions to get the other grunt settings other than thin but it seems like the low cut works a bit differently. Still a great model though, just wanted to supply some feedback.

I can sort of get the RAW setting sound but not the FAT one, which is what I personally use the most with my pedal. It'd be nice if some time down the road we get a FAT and a RAW model.

I think I'm going to use a parametric EQ after drive to get the 100 Hz, 1kHz, 2.8kHz and 5KHz knobs. Need to work on figuring out the Q parameter for each though.

Thanks for all your hard work in getting this to us though.

22709995_10213937275172179_1306811135_n.jpg

Please excuse the birds nest of wires.....

Last edited:
AFAIK there’s no need for any kind of reset. Just adjust the Speaker Comp parameter.

Q.
Can I get the full effect of the new Amp Block improvements w/o resetting the Block by simply upping the Spkr Comp parameter from 0 to 3 in my existing Presets?
Or do I actually have to reset the Amp Block and then re-enter all my intended Parameter values?
I really want to know the answer on that question too! Please!

I hope my post did not come about as a stab at you, because that's not the intention. Thanks for your work, especially for the detailed list of parameters that change in a "soft" reset. It does not change the fact, however, that I have a hard time finding any logic governing what is affected and what isn't :) I think this kind of information should be part of the official documentation. That's what I meant saying "reliable": "coming from the only people who can know for sure" ;)

In any case, thanks for confirming what I expected: There should not be any need for resets this time.

Ok, Reverted back to 8.02, and then back to Beta 9 again.. Working perfectly and sounds so much better.. Q9 Beta sounds better than both Q8.02 and Q9.. Life is good again.. lol

Now added to the list of *non*-changing parameters: "Speaker Comp". At the same time "Presence" and "Master Volume" are reset! Is there any logic to this? I can deal with it if there isn't, I just would like to know from the only people who know, namely from FAS.

Actually there’s a good reason. Players with a traditional speaker cab will set Speaker Comp to zero. In those cases it’s preferable that a simple soft reset (reselect) does not change that parameter back to “3”.

no question placebo doubt occurs More often here than most places, simply due to the rate of updates......

Oh heck yeah...that's why I asked

For some reason I find a little more magic in the beta than this release. Am I crazy?

No, you're not crazy.. I definitely hear it too, and I have very good ears.. Beta 9 sounded way better and had alot more magic. I will probably revert back to Beta 9 and ditch the final release version myself..

No significant difference between the beta and the release version.

AFAIK there’s no need for any kind of reset. Just adjust the Speaker Comp parameter.

Doing so would still get the benefits of the phase inverter changes Cliff spoke of? In other words, no reset is required to update some of this hidden upgrades to the modeling?

Speaker Comp works great! I was adjusting today and not trying to keep it on any particular setting. I was turning the dial based on my ears. I use an FRFR cab and there was a lot of usable settings I ended up adjusting based on type of amp, etc.

When you say "The model was obtained with the Attack and Grunt switches in the middle positions" what do you mean? Middle position of the button or middle position of EQ?

Darkglass B7K Attack switch have middle eq on in the top position of switch and middle position of switch have treble enhancement.

What position has modeling?

Thanks

I took it to mean the switch itself in the middle position.

Actually there’s a good reason. Players with a traditional speaker cab will set Speaker Comp to zero. In those cases it’s preferable that a simple soft reset (reselect) does not change that parameter back to “3”.
Does this affect settings for a “ out 1 - >foh out 2- >cab” out 2 being a traditional Guitar cab?

The B7K model sounds great! It's odd though, in order to match the model with everything at noon I have to set up my pedal like this with the attack switch on attack 2 (which is more compressed and trebly than 1) when A/Bing. I tried following instructions to get the other grunt settings other than thin but it seems like the low cut works a bit differently. Still a great model though, just wanted to supply some feedback.

I can sort of get the RAW setting sound but not the FAT one, which is what I personally use the most with my pedal. It'd be nice if some time down the road we get a FAT and a RAW model.

I think I'm going to use a parametric EQ after drive to get the 100 Hz, 1kHz, 2.8kHz and 5KHz knobs. Need to work on figuring out the Q parameter for each though.

Thanks for all your hard work in getting this to us though.

Update: I have a pretty good clone to one of my B7k settings I use with my Warwick if anyone wants to try it out. If people like it I'll upload it to the axe change. I play finger style but it sounds good with a pick too. It's a nice rock/metal bass sound.

To see what the B7K add turn it on and off. Night and day. I usually don't care for the USA bass models. Note my bass is set to Treble at 6, Mids at 4 and bass at 10.

Attachments

• Warwick FNA 5 - B7K.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom