Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a bunch of presets set up, I would wait. This firmware sounds like it's going to require changes in your presets. It also sounds like there are some bugs being fixed. So being lazy -- plus also perfectly happy with the way current firmware sounds -- I am going to wait until it's out of beta.

That’s exactly where I am with this. Cliff does amazing things and for all we know there may be other amazing things in store that would require additional tweaking over and above what this first beta requires.

I didn't notice a real change until I did the amp bypass as Cliff directed. After that the sound was clearer, tighter, and more responsive. Clanky, chunky, percussive! That or I imagined this from the power of suggestion. No, its really there.

Yeah, I hate to say it but me too. I might be imagining things but seemed like that double-bypass thing seemed to work better. All I did was adjust treble, mid, and bass slightly and I was back in business. I didn't even touch another thing.

so weird how some have all these issues and others have never had them (i'm the latter). are we even sure it's a firmware issue? could it be user side?
Since I've been using an AxeFx, AxeFx2, and Fx8 for a decade ID say it isn't user error...that and Cliff pointing out that there was an issue...

Since I've been using an AxeFx, AxeFx2, and Fx8 for a decade ID say it isn't user error...that and Cliff pointing out that there was an issue...
I believe it must be an issue when you have The Axe FX, the Axe Edit on a Laptop or Mac, the MFC101 Footswitch as wells using a DAW to a recording software on a PC or Mac. I haven't had any issues as I am only using the Axe FX with Axe Edit on a Mac, but not with the MFC 101 nor a DAW .

are you using the Axe as your audio interface (via USB) when getting the timeouts or are you hooked up to a separate converter via analog outs ?

I believe it must be an issue when you have The Axe FX, the Axe Edit on a Laptop or Mac, the MFC101 Footswitch as wells using a DAW to a recording software on a PC or Mac. I haven't had any issues as I am only using the Axe FX with Axe Edit on a Mac, but not with the MFC 101 nor a DAW .
The MFC doesn't make a difference, but yes as soon as audio is send as USB it dies it.
If I had to guess I'm thinking it has to do with buffer underruns on usb

The MFC doesn't make a difference, but yes as soon as audio is send as USB it dies it.
If I had to guess I'm thinking it has to do with buffer underruns on usb

Any chance you've got an Nvidia graphics controller?

Finally: I have solved why my Axe-Edit crashed on both my laptops!
From a "process monitor" I noticed how much Axe-Edit accessed d3d10warp.dll and nvidia drivers. I knew it had to do something about the UI because USB and midi functions worked flawless with other apps.

The Nvidia optimus was the key to my problems and I created a new custom setting for axe-edit.exe and now I'm back in the game. It's so freaking good to use Axe-Edit again =)

(It bother me though because this was my first troubleshooting. I disabled optimus both i bios/windows to run only the Intel (integrated) gfx card but that didn't help so at that time I droped that solution.)

View attachment 42065

never said it was user error, said it was user side...very different things. as in something going on in the OS/hardware/software for the users experiencing it....and even then not saying it's not FW/Axe related, just saying it's interesting that we are all running the same fw (for the most part) but only a few are experiencing the issue.

never said it was user error, said it was user side...very different things. as in something going on in the OS/hardware/software for the users experiencing it....and even then not saying it's not FW/Axe related, just saying it's interesting that we are all running the same fw (for the most part) but only a few are experiencing the issue.
Run a search it's beyond "only a few".

Rather than rushing that Firmware itd be nice to fix the time out Bug, which in the beta i still get on osx with Preset above 80% CPU.

Hmmmmmmmmm

I've detected another cause for time-outs with computers running OS X: new MacBooks with USB-C.

The way Apple has implemented USB-C in their new MacBooks (to include support for Thunderbolt), is buggy, to say the least.

3rd party cables (USB-B <> USB-C) do not always work.

As soon as I switch to my old MacBook, running exactly the same software, using USB-A <> USB-B, time-outs disappear.

I've detected another cause for time-outs with computers running OS X: new MacBooks with USB-C.

The way Apple has implemented USB-C in their new MacBooks (to include support for Thunderbolt), is buggy, to say the least.

As soon as I switch to my old MacBook, running exactly the same software, using USB-A <> USB-B, time-outs disappear.

Thats why i love my 5yo MBP, this thing once upgraded to a fast SSD and RAM delivers everything i need to do day in day out with out that USB-C thing.

37621957556_3726bf608e_o.png

This is a very real issue, as Apple recently made a official statement warning of use of 3rd party USB C adapters..which I have confirmed with my problematic Thunderbolt 3 Dock from OWC that disconnects From my MBP seemingly at will, as well as a couple other hubs that sucked. thankfully there are 4 USB C ports on MBP and AXEFX/AX8/FX8 all work fine using an Apple certified usb_C- A dongle. But as Yek intimated , the MacBook has only one USB C which is really problematic when tryi g to integrate a hub ,which, to date Apple has not released a full function model with, seemingly no properly working alternative....really sorta sucks. And I’ve been a Apple fanboy since 85....

Knock on wood, I have never had a timeout issue. I'm running latest W10, Nvidia, using Axe as a fulltime interface running cubase 9 pro/playing games etc.. Wondering if your timeout issues could be related to a corrupt preset? Just a thought..

However, I do get no audio after waking my machine up from sleep. I can play my guitar through it fine but other sources lose audio through the Axe until I reboot. This happens whether or not I have the Axe on or off while its alseep. This started after updating to creators update a few months back. I do have a steinberg interface that does not have issues when waking up from sleep. Maybe the axe drivers need a fresh look at?

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers recently to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom