Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
No updates until this thread gets to Page 42...
Ax8 not until Page 62 and at least 50% where's the update questions.
Also the forum must average 500 F5's per minute...
We got work to do guys...
:rolleyes:

While I'm liking v9 better then v8.02 I'm good to go gigging/rehearsing with v8.02 on the AX8 for as long as it takes until v9 is officially released for the II series, then ported to the AX8. And, going by past history, FAS will deliver a huge update with a few surprises...they always, always over-deliver :cool:

The anticipation until it comes out is fun and exciting for sure...something to look forward to...the Fractal bus is a fun ride.

I've never done a beta FW before. I usually just wait for the official release but daddy is hungry for new FW!....is this really worth it ? should I do it? that big a difference on tones?

Rather than rushing that Firmware itd be nice to fix the time out Bug, which in the beta i still get on osx with Preset above 80% CPU.

Hmmmmmmmmm
so weird how some have all these issues and others have never had them (i'm the latter). are we even sure it's a firmware issue? could it be user side?

I've never done a beta FW before. I usually just wait for the official release but daddy is hungry for new FW!....is this really worth it ? should I do it? that big a difference on tones?
I didn't notice a real change until I did the amp bypass as Cliff directed. After that the sound was clearer, tighter, and more responsive. Clanky, chunky, percussive! That or I imagined this from the power of suggestion. No, its really there.

If you have a bunch of presets set up, I would wait. This firmware sounds like it's going to require changes in your presets. It also sounds like there are some bugs being fixed. So being lazy -- plus also perfectly happy with the way current firmware sounds -- I am going to wait until it's out of beta.

I didn't notice a real change until I did the amp bypass as Cliff directed. After that the sound was clearer, tighter, and more responsive. Clanky, chunky, percussive! That or I imagined this from the power of suggestion. No, its really there.
That was confusing to me. I decided to hit bypass on all the entire 3 banks of presets in my Axe FX II; they sounded way better even though it neutrals out all the settings. Normally I would have thought the main change with hitting bypass twice (while in amp block edit) would be to the new speaker compression value - making it the default. So it would have been simpler to just change the amp type back and forth, and then go and set that value manually - but maybe knob tweaking wouldn't update the related firmware code.

Or was it my imagination? At any rate I did all 3 banks.. Took about 40 minutes. :-0

Boy, am I going to feel silly when someone corrects me on this one (but at least it gave me a chance to dial things in fresh).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom