Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wandered around the amps....just d!cking around, nothing special, and tried the Comet Concourse with the update. The house could've been on fire for the past 3 hours and I wouldn't have known it. I still cant get over the response that you get from volume knob.

Simple/learned tweaks and got a REALLY great sound... It feels like I played a game of Clue and won in two turns.

I haven't seen an update, so...no. :)

It's farther along than it was at the last update, but not as far along as it will be when it's released.

Of course.

Me neither. But somehow, I will. :)
Haha! I didn't know you were Cliff Mr Rex! ;)

For this update does it require an amp block reset?

Yes. Power amp modeling algorithms have changed.

You'll want to actually reset the block and not change and re-select as per the notes here, otherwise the new speaker comp parameter will not be reset. You'll also want to spend some time tweaking that parameter to taste.

Is there in the upcoming Quantum 9.00 any listing of the bugs reported being solved? Nice to have new things etc but also nice to know that the bugs reported being solved and nothing in the release notes reflects this, for now anyway...

Yes. Power amp modeling algorithms have changed.

You'll want to actually reset the block and not change and re-select as per the notes here, otherwise the new speaker comp parameter will not be reset. You'll also want to spend some time tweaking that parameter to taste.

No, the release notes do NOT state that a (soft or hard) reset is required. And a reset is not necessary at all.

After installing v9 beta, the user only should take a look at the Speaker Compression parameter in the Amp block, plus the Motor Drive parameter in the Cab block, IMHO.

No, the release notes do NOT state that a (soft or hard) reset is required. And a reset is not necessary at all.
True, the release notes don't mention it, but @FractalAudio appears to suggest it here:
For a good example of the changes load up an amp block with the Plexi 50W 6550 model and a cab block with cab #61. Reset the amp block (double-click Bypass)...

I interpreted that as a quick way to enforce default (basic) settings...

I came from the same place as Rex on that one. Plus since I never bother adjusting any advanced settings other than what has morphed into speaker drive it's a quick and easy way to make sure all the settings are defaulted correctly. But you are right, it doesn't specifically say you must do it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom