Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scared, still on Mark I 7.02 and it gigs very well. Hmmm, I'll let y'all know after AX Edit is out. Gotta keep up with the Joneses......

The cool thing is when you use the green screen to open & tab over and select the SPKR COMP to bring up the meter, it’ll keep coming back to that tab in the Amp Block on the unit even after editing other blocks thru Axe Edit. Not sure if that was always the case before.
The gear has generally been pretty good about returning to the last page you were using.

Anyone have any audible description of the delay block changes? Planning to fire up Q9 beta tonight and wondering what to listen for.

I'd say that the delay sounds are more ambient and fuzzy like my DMM. Not really noise but the delay tone just decays into a nice wash. The only thing that I can say sounds different (and this just might be my DMM - those things are all over the place) is that the attack of the note seems a bit more distinct and immediate in the AF2 model. The real thing is a bit more mushy on the attack. I'm not complaining though - this is plenty fine for this guy! Great work Cliff!

Don't know exactly what it is but v9 is even more satisfying to play then v8; it just feels better (and certainly sounds fantastic) and has a certain aggressive knock/punch that I'm definitely getting into. It's like the amp is more responsive...the 'coupling' with the right hand is awesome.

Don't know exactly what it is but v9 is even more satisfying to play then v8; it just feels better (and certainly sounds fantastic) and has a certain aggressive knock/punch that I'm definitely getting into. It's like the amp is more responsive...the 'coupling' with the right hand is awesome.
Yes and yes. To me, it's a step closer to painting music with your picking hand.

It's been (and still is?) a 'Mark I/II' issue. PC and Mac.

That was Cliff said. Only Mark I/II' user are affected…but i think you Moke said that it could be an issue when using the Axe as an audio interface. Well, I've been experimenting with VLC and Quicktime and always had Timeout issue. Random as usual. Could be after 5 minutes or after 30 minutes but it would happen eventually. Yesterday I played for 3 hours straight w/o glitches but didn't use either of the audio programs.
If someone else could try…. ?

I'm not seeing this after updating my firmware. If I create a new preset, I clear out the preset and add in say the JTM45 amp. I for one do not see Speaker Compression or Spkr Comp in any block or setting. I do see speaker drive but it is always 0. Is something off in my setup? I have a Mk2. thanks

sorry I think I found the issue :) and I tested and compared the value on a fresh block

I needed to update Axe-Edit
push bypass button twice.

Wish we could find out what's causing the time out issues some of you are experiencing. I've had AXE Edit, AX8 Edit, and my DAW (Sonar Producer) all up at the same time with the new FW for about 12 hours without a glitch or communication issue. No luck reproducing anything so far on Win 7 x64

Help.
Set some great sounds last night but today the 'Output Comp' has changed how it acts. Today edited presets were silent until I turned 'Output Comp' down( the first 5% turn clockwise on the output comp dial takes it from 0 to -30db i.e. is acting like a reverse volume). I am using front panel only. What gives? 0 to -30db with no guitar signal and not reacting to guitar input. The strange thing is, it was working last night.
Had the same issue - output comp was muting the amp block

That was Cliff said. Only Mark I/II' user are affected…but i think you Moke said that it could be an issue when using the Axe as an audio interface. Well, I've been experimenting with VLC and Quicktime and always had Timeout issue. Random as usual. Could be after 5 minutes or after 30 minutes but it would happen eventually. Yesterday I played for 3 hours straight w/o glitches but didn't use either of the audio programs.
If someone else could try…. ?

Trying to add to the data pool, see if we can help narrow this issue -

Win 10, Axe FX II Mark 1 (bought the first month they came out), MFC 101 using Cat connection, 4 year old Dell desktop 2.6GHz, 8 meg RAM - I've never had the "Timeout" issue, not in prior firmware or in this beta. Axe goes XLR out to speakers, so not using USB as Audio interface. USB is connected, obviously, for Edit. "Pause Communication" works as intended, and always 'catches up' when I resume using Edit. MFC set to synchronize/keep up (or whatever that term is) when Edit or front panel changes to another patch.

Seldom run anything else on PC at the same time as Edit except mp3 player and Google (I do use Reaper on it, just haven't been running at same time). Hope this can help... oh, and lovin Q9.

Just letting you know, Cliff..... still having communication time out errors with Axe-Edit.
Axe-FX II - Mk 1
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Reaper (DAW)
Direct to DAW via USB
Not using Axe-FX as audio for playback - Using interface via Firewire

Never had any problems prior to Q8

Last edited:
I've never have problem last 5 years, serveral PCs and both AxeFX II Mark I and XL+
My Axe-Edit crash "bug" began from Q7 if I remember right.

I have Windows 10 (1703 build 15063.632) and I gave this a new try today:
- I've uninstalled all fractal softwares/drivers, cleaned up registry & reboot
- Reinstalled USB drivers/Axe-Edit/Fractal-Bot.
- Change to a new USB-cable, tried all USB-ports
- Tried to launch Axe-Edit in compatible mode, run as admin

.. still crashes
To reproduce I just have to click "refresh after new firmware" or save to new preset.
Why I believe it's a software issue is that AxeLive/FracTool and Fractal-Bot works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom