Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really suffering from the Axe Edit communication issue on Mac with 8.02, ran the beta all night tonight, with the MFC connected and Axe Edit open, doing a lot of tweaking and didn't have a single issue.

Thanks Cliff!

Happy to report that after weeks of paranoia before I could get back there, ceiling water and drywall collapse damage done to my Miami Beach condo by the fukin hurricane was NOT in the room housing my XL+ , along with my Florida guitar collection and other esoteric and pricey electronics........I celebrated by immediately upgrading to 9.0 and twiddling new virtual knobs of sonic juiciness. noice, thanks.

Happy to report that after weeks of paranoia before I could get back there, ceiling water and drywall collapse damage done to my Miami Beach condo by the fukin hurricane was NOT in the room housing my XL+ , along with my Florida guitar collection and other esoteric and pricey electronics........I celebrated by immediately upgrading to 9.0 and twiddling new virtual knobs of sonic juiciness. noice, thanks.

Thanks for the link, man... and really glad for your small miracle.

There is something really amazing going on with this 9.0 Beta firmware. The pick attack is just amazing now, no major tweaking just dbl tap the bypass like Cliff said, and made sure the Motor Drive was on 3.00 and my 5F8 Tweed patch was singing like never before. Their was "to me" always something a little off about the front end of the note or pick attack that I couldn't quite quantify in comparison to a tube amp, but this 9.0 has made all the difference, that last 2% has been conquered. Thanks Cliff & company.

I've been swamped with work lately but I installed the beta last night. I tried my favorite crunch and clean patches with no adjustments and didn't like the difference. I rolled back to Q8.02 and everything sounded great. So I installed the beta again and thought it sounded like motor drive was turned off, I checked the presets and had motor drive on in the cab block instead of the amp block and switched off there and on in the amp block. Sounds really nice now!! Delays sound amazing also. I'll play more this weekend.

Thanks Cliff!!!!!

I've been swamped with work lately but I installed the beta last night. I tried my favorite crunch and clean patches with no adjustments and didn't like the difference. I rolled back to Q8.02 and everything sounded great. So I installed the beta again and thought it sounded like motor drive was turned off, I checked the presets and had motor drive on in the cab block instead of the amp block and switched off there and on in the amp block. Sounds really nice now!! Delays sound amazing also. I'll play more this weekend.

Thanks Cliff!!!!!

I've pretty much convinced myself that we should just remove motor drive from the cab block now.

Thanks for the link, man... and really glad for your small miracle.
THANKS. Yeah , the KSC 75 gets some online knocks for its flimsy ness but for11 bucks you can abuse it without guilt and when
It falls apart from one too many dips In the pool or you lose one of the earclips, you can buy another, or....Koss will actually replace it if you send it to them (at least they used to..)...

I just dialed up one of the best Mesa tones I've ever gotten:
USA IIC+ Bright/Deep
Input Drive - 5.5
Overdrive - 5.7
Bass - 2.5
Mid - 8
Treble - 7.4
Presence - 5
MV - 6.6
Speaker Comp - 3.5
Slight 'V' shape on the 5-band EQ

Cabs:
1x12 IIC+ 121 B and 1x12 IIC+ 57 A mixed 50/50 (from the Obot the Robot Cab Pack)

Delay:
Digital Mind Guy

Reverb:
Rich Hall

USA IIC+ Bright/Deep
Input Drive - 5.5
Overdrive - 5.7
Bass - 2.5
Mid - 8
Treble - 7.4
Presence - 5
MV - 6.6
Speaker Comp - 3.5

Cabs:
1x12 IIC+ 121 B and 1x12 IIC+ 57 A mixed 50/50 (from the Obot the Robot Cab Pack)

Delay:
Digital Mind Guy

Reverb:
Rich Hall
DAYUM! Sustainamania !!!!!!!!!!

USA IIC+ Bright/Deep
Input Drive - 5.5
Overdrive - 5.7
Bass - 2.5
Mid - 8
Treble - 7.4
Presence - 5
MV - 6.6
Speaker Comp - 3.5

Cabs:

Delay:
Digital Mind Guy

Reverb:
Rich Hall

I'm going to try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom