Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Q8 with axe edit with zero problems. I'm using a surface pro4. Sorry to hear about your issues but just wanted to verify it does work fine with some setups.

I've been using Q8 with axe edit with zero problems. I'm using a surface pro4. Sorry to hear about your issues but just wanted to verify it does work fine with some setups.
To me its not clear what causes this. I just know some people have this issue since Q8. Especially Quantum 8.02. There are also people with no problems. Its not problem axe fx standalone. It seems related with pc and usb.

Cliff knows best. I just hope it gets solved as its really anoying. Less anoying with Q9beta ;)

Heck, I personally think my overall guitar tone, or my perception and satisfaction, with it varies with the weather and what I ate for breakfast, and that is without the variable of new firmware! Lol
LOL! But much less so than with my old analog/tube setup!

has anyone narrowed down os/version types for the Edit issues? I haven't had one second of timeout issues using edit with my ancient MBPro and Sierra. Never had any issues with it, though....

Need to clarify - folks keep saying "and or +" when talking Tube Power amps AND Cabs re: this spkr comp feature.

Are we saying if you are not using IRs ,e.g you use traditional cabinets (and SS - matrix for power), then it's not targeted at non-IR users/wouldn't apply with real world authenticity.

Need to clarify - folks keep saying "and or +" when talking Tube Power amps AND Cabs re: this spkr comp feature.
That's because it's stated that way in the release notes. No one would use a guitar cab without a power amp. :)

Are we saying if you are not using IRs ,e.g you use traditional cabinets (and SS - matrix for power), then it's not targeted at non-IR users/wouldn't apply with real world authenticity.
This parameter models the interaction between a compressing speaker and a power amp. That interaction will be much stronger with a tube power amp than with a solid-state one. If you're using a solid-state amp, try it, and see whether you prefer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom