Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Or that there are other bug fixes... New firmware doesn't necessarily mean anything else.

You may be reading too much into his post.
Going by the ratio of firmware releases that were just bug fixes opposed to those that had something more included, I think I'm not reading too much into this. Ratio= 3.4/1 approximately.

Last edited:
i swear in another thread he said something about the next fw sounding even better.
yhzjy.jpg

I did say I was happy with the current firmware recently, but this wait for new firmware is almost unbearable. I find myself mindlessly navigating back to the forum to check for a new firmware update seconds after closing out the tab that I just used to check the forum for a new firware update. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a new result. It's safe to say now that Fractal has driven me to the brink of insanity. Thanks Fractal.

Last edited:
I've been checking several times a day too, but not for the typical reason. I hope that we stay on some version of Q8 for a long time. Some new amps, new functionality, new effects, CPU optimizations, some wish list stuff?, etc......... A Q8.03 bug fix would be great!

I am trying to make a living with this thing and the Axe-Edit disconnections are making it nearly impossible. It's taking way too long to get anything done. I hope a fix comes soon.

iaresee said:
No new firmware so I'm spending money on speakers and guitars. Heh.

Conspiracy theory: Guitar sales go up between firmware releases...

I'm afraid you are right, as I'm also part of that statistics :eek:
Got a coupon in the last holiday and pulled the trigger for a EBMM Majesty Monarchy Purple... what a nice guitar! :)

I thought I had my GAS cured, but realized that firmware updates were just feeding it. :(

Cliff could take many months off and still produce a firmware update before Line6! Still waiting for another one for the Helix.....ahem....

Or that there are other bug fixes... New firmware doesn't necessarily mean anything else.

You may be reading too much into his post.
New features/amps/FX/toanz or GTFO. Can't remember a bug fix only FW release esp one that baked this long, not Cliff's MO.

I'm afraid you are right, as I'm also part of that statistics :eek:
Got a coupon in the last holiday and pulled the trigger for a EBMM Majesty Monarchy Purple... what a nice guitar! :)

I thought I had my GAS cured, but realized that firmware updates were just feeding it. :(
Yea, I bought a new SG Standard.

New features/amps/FX/toanz or GTFO. Can't remember a bug fix only FW release esp one that baked this long, not Cliff's MO.
There have been a number of bug fix only FW updates as far as I can remember back to 2013, when I started using the Axe Fx.

In the mean time, I've been getting some killer new amp sounds from amps I don't normally use. 8.02 will work in a pinch but I'm sure the newest, latest and greatest will be phoenomonal! Soon!

Back
Top Bottom