Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Ahh what happened with 42...wasn't the answer ?
Now we have to go with believing ?
Next firmware at Christmas ....

"The sea was angry that day my friends.."
Firmware comes out on Friday afternoon, Irma comes along and knocks power out Saturday..
I don't know how many times I have to convince myself to just buy a freakin generator.

it's fun to have an inside joke for those who frequent the forum, but there are new people or those that don't come to the forum often, and they are getting confused by the language used in this thread.

I guess we shouldn't let on that Cliff shared Quantum 8.2 final release with his favorites on here several weeks ago then. For you others, you'll have to give the Quantum Eight Ball a spin.
Fractal-FW8-Ball.jpg

Firmware comes out on Friday afternoon, Irma comes along and knocks power out Saturday..
I don't know how many times I have to convince myself to just buy a freakin generator.
.....my (winter) neighborhood, South Beach , is undergoing its first mandatory evacuation in almost two decades, I am scarily certain that this next week and probably far longer, will be a clusterfu*k of epic proportions in SoBe and beyond, and though I am so lucky to have another home, and I feel and sympathize for many friends whose displacement
Will be far from easy, HOpefully I can return to my southern home sooner than I fear , and find my XL+ And much of my guitar collection not washed away forever............

.....my (winter) neighborhood, South Beach , is undergoing its first mandatory evacuation in almost two decades, I am scarily certain that this next week and probably far longer, will be a clusterfu*k of epic proportions in SoBe and beyond, and though I am so lucky to have another home, and I feel and sympathize for many friends whose displacement
Will be far from easy, HOpefully I can return to my southern home sooner than I fear , and find my XL+ And much of my guitar collection not washed away forever............
Hope Irma will not make a lot of damage as it did on the islands. Good luck and stay save (get your gear waterproof)

For a change, here's some Q8.02 content for this thread. :smilingimp:

I'm still on 7.02 for pragmatic reasons, but hopefully I'll be able to update to 8.02 after this weekend. I'll upgrade to 8.02 because it's the latest, not because I'm unsatisfied with 7.02. We are in such a good place.

If 8.02 is the final firmware, I'll be totally fine with it in terms of the modeling. Maybe future updates will be items from the wish list instead. I'm fine with that, too.

We got one last hurricane. Enough was enough. Really hoping this Irma bitch goes east!!

Not saying that it's not time for a new unit, perhaps III, but the current unit still has so much unused potential.

Ahh what happened with 42...wasn't the answer ?
Now we have to go with believing ?
Next firmware at Christmas ....

Oh 42 IS the answer. But it's possible that you might have to commission a custom planet and wait ten million years or so for it to produce the next firmware (just pray that it isn't destroyed to make way for a hyperspace bypass a few minutes before it completes the task).

42 was the answer. While we were on page 42, firmware 9.0 was stealth-installed on your Fractal hardware. It still self-reports as 8.02. Your mission: spot the differences.

I was looking at some pictures of a bunch of tube amps and it made me think, while we're all in this holding pattern of 8.02 and joking and speculating on what's next and when it will be, I just want to thank the boss for giving us the opportunity to have all of these great amps and effects in one box that sound so good. Amps that in the real world I would not buy because they aren't something I would really use much or amps that I would love to have but would cost a small fortune to purchase them all. Thanks Mr CC

Back
Top Bottom