Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Add it to da Wish list. We need some new amp models, if for no other reason than to spawn an 8.03 FW thread. Was the rockmaster the preamp section of the Ultra Plus? A lot of people said that U+ was the starting point for the orig 5150.

I don't need it! I could just rack up my Rockmaster with AXE, and then run it in the FX loop of the AXE. :cool:

Is there a way to turn of the preamp simulation in an amp block, so I can just use the power amp simulation?

giphy.gif

While I like firmware updates as much as the next guy, it has been nice these last few months to be able to settle in a bit and just play and deeply explore the current offering. Having stability is helping me uncover all sorts of new interesting tweaks, amps, and nooks and crannies of the platform that I sometimes didn't get a chance to fully explore previously since many of the 'tricks' I'd find would be negated/changed in a short period of time with the rapidly evolving firmware releases.

I've got amazing tones (and feel) with 8.02 and am pretty satisfied at the moment...

While I like firmware updates as much as the next guy, it has been nice these last few months to be able to settle in a bit and just play and deeply explore the current offering. Having stability is helping me uncover all sorts of new interesting tweaks, amps, and nooks and crannies of the platform that I sometimes didn't get a chance to fully explore previously since many of the 'tricks' I'd find would be negated/changed in a short period of time with the rapidly evolving firmware releases.

I've got amazing tones (and feel) with 8.02 and am pretty satisfied at the moment...

I certainly wouldn't object to another update.

Same here. I'm studying the amps and videos on fine tuning, and loading presets, and tracking. I'm pretty sure any inaccuracies are very minimal at this point. It's amazing to have all these amps and cabs and all the tools to make it all work like it always used to, only better. With the factory presets alone and a little pre/post EQ (just like with tube amps) you get everything all those tube amps offer and beyond. Use cabs and things get even easier - hundreds of cabs and thousands of micings to choose from. The tools that Fractal and folks have made to audition all the cabs and mics make auditioning them all a lot easier - thanks so much for that - imagine if you had to hall all those cabs in and out of a studio and mic them up a zillion ways.

Silly puddy, yo-yos, slinkys and other cool inventions were but a twinkle in some inventors eyes. Maybe Cliff's inventions twinkle in his ears.

I'm still enjoying creating presets with 8.02, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but I hope he gets an earful.

Back
Top Bottom