Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Added (at Kirk Hammett's request) a wahwah mega mega block

prototype mode of the new WA-8, allows up to 8 instances of wah blocks, in any routing your crazy mind could possibly imagine, includes TWO FX loops for adding your favorite hardware wahs. Output 3 is instrument level, so you can easily incorporate this monster into your current rig by plugging into the front of your wah pedal. Boom.

prototype mode of the new WA-8, allows up to 8 instances of wah blocks, in any routing your crazy mind could possibly imagine, includes TWO FX loops for adding your favorite hardware wahs. Output 3 is instrument level, so you can easily incorporate this monster into your current rig by plugging into the front of your wah pedal. Boom.

I have a Peavey Rockmaster tube preamp sitting in a rack at home. It has 5 FX loops:

1. General - always on
  2. Clean - only on when the clean channel is engaged
  3. Crunch - only on when the crunch channel is engaged
  4. Lead - only on when the lead channel is engaged
  5. Dirty - on when either the lead or crunch channel are engaged
In truth, I can't even image the cable nightmare 5 FX loops would mean. But it is a wonderful, old school, analog, solution to provide some of what we get in the AXE with scenes.

I have a Peavey Rockmaster tube preamp sitting in a rack at home. It has 5 FX loops:

1. General - always on
  2. Clean - only on when the clean channel is engaged
  3. Crunch - only on when the crunch channel is engaged
  4. Lead - only on when the lead channel is engaged
  5. Dirty - on when either the lead or crunch channel are engaged
In truth, I can't even image the cable nightmare 5 FX loops would mean. But it is a wonderful, old school, analog, solution to provide some of what we get in the AXE with scenes.
That's what I use to beta-test the FX8. It's a good piece of gear.

Back
Top Bottom