Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

south-park-s14e11c05-god-bless-you-captain-hindsight-16x9.jpg

Captain Hindsight says, "Don't upgrade your firmware the day before a gig."

Dear Captain Hindsight, Can I take tomorrow off from work to fix my presets?

I've not had much time lately to play (kids/work), but I spent some time Monday (took the day off) on FW8.02 and tried out some of the updated factory presets finally. Without getting detailed in the least.. I found some incredibly good tones messing with these updated presets. There's some new stuff in there that's very cool.. I'm thinking Matt added some of these that caught my attention, but no idea for sure. I'm not near the Axe right now, so no way to try and list any specifically.

Thanks for these updated presets and for continuing to support and keep the first version Axe II going FAS.

And I really don't think there's enough people who give a crap about the UI to make a new unit just for that.

Personally, I much prefer a PC editor to using the front panel UI, namely because I play and record in front of my computer. Not to mention, neither the Axe FX or my KPA are within arms reach of my desk.

In terms of efficiency, a mouse and keyboard are infinitely more efficient than using the front panel, regardless whether we're talking about the Helix, Axe FX, etc. I mean, it's one thing if you gig a lot, but even then I'd likely end up using a laptop.

This is the longest time in a while that there hasnt been a firmware update. Just sayin.
Maybe we are finally 'there'. I had trouble finding the difference from actual tube hardware a few FW updates ago, and i'm not hearing any complaints about the latest.

I'd like to add that using the front panel leads to thinking first before adjusting parameters randomly and complaining when the next firmware drops. Just sayin'...
Back to beer. Cheers! :)

Reactions: Rex
You certainly deserved it. I'd say other than bugs things are close to perfect now. Thanks for all you have done for my guitar playing.

Back
Top Bottom