Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Yes... given the prior relentless pace of updates and being an old school Fractal follower, I have to admit, this feels like the calm before the storm.

I too have wondered if interface changes are in the works as this is the 'big' complaint on the net right now regarding competing products. I would expect an interface change to be most useful for the AX8, TBH, though... it is a more portable device and it suffers the most being compared directly to the Helix by a lot of buyers, being in the same price range. Although if one changes I would expect a new rev of both.

From a hardware rev standpoint it might have the most to gain, too. Adding USB I/O and an Exp pedal for an AX8 Ultra/XL/+ might be popular product if the cost increase is manageable.

If I were picking, TBH, my ask would be for the perennially rumored VST/plugin. The UI complaints are overblown for me as an old hand and I could put the plugin to use immediately. Although, I think that is a pipe dream, TBH.

Oh, it's pretty much guaranteed a new version is coming out. Why, you ask? I just bought the XL+, and every time I buy tech it gets immediately discontinued and replaced by "latest-n-greatest". That's just how my luck goes.

You're all welcome. =)
If it makes you feel any better, you will get awesome tones from your XL+ no matter what the future brings! ;)

Perhaps that UI improvement. Or what if the III contains a full complement of the complete history of all known guitar fx devices and pedals. That would take him awhile. Heck, a few vacations in there wouldn't even noticeably delay that research, relatively speaking. Now if you add some new original Cliff time processing algorithms along with that...

Christmas 2017

:grin:

I hope we don't see a dumbed down UI in any new flagship product! User friendly and complex deep parameter access don't really go together.

I still remember reading within the last year that there were no plans whatsoever for any upgraded or new unit in the making any time soon as the processor still has more than enough power to handle any FW for awhile.

And I really don't think there's enough people who give a crap about the UI to make a new unit just for that. Not when Axe Edit works so flawlessly. Jmho though. I'd take other improvements over the UI anyway. But that's still nitpicking really anyway.

Not so long ago Cliff mentioned that there are no plans for an Axe III. But it was mentioned that the TigerSharc chips have been discontinued. I can imagine that someone's working on an Axe II version with different processors.

Or Cliff is just busy working on an MFC-101 firmware 4.0 :p

Not so long ago Cliff mentioned that there are no plans for an Axe III. But it was mentioned that the TigerSharc chips have been discontinued. I can imagine that someone's working on an Axe II version with different processors.

Or Cliff is just busy working on an MFC-101 firmware 4.0 :p
It was also posted that the TigerSharc chips were stockpiled!

I am having major issues. Axe edit (after update) won't connect and save the changes. ALL master volume settings have changed on my presets. I have a gig tomorrow. This is not good.

Load your backup with Fractal Bot & edit from the front panel until after the gig & the problem can be sorted out.

I am having major issues. Axe edit (after update) won't connect and save the changes. ALL master volume settings have changed on my presets. I have a gig tomorrow. This is not good.

south-park-s14e11c05-god-bless-you-captain-hindsight-16x9.jpg

Captain Hindsight says, "Don't upgrade your firmware the day before a gig."

Back
Top Bottom